RIP AL NUNLEY

rodv46

Sad news, I was just informed by Tab Bell that Al Alvin Nunley passed away on the 29th of June 2021. He was 82 years old and was residing at an assisted living community in Texas near his sister. The nurse who discovered him said he was in his chair leaning over the keyboard at his computer working on his karting spreadsheet.

Al was passionate about karting and always ate, talked, and slept karting, sharing the knowledge he had gained over the last 62 years with anyone who was intelligent enough the listen. He was an innovator and produced many pipes and products that helped produce National Champions.

Many will remember Al's tagline on the forums "If the data doesn't support the theory, get a new theory" & "Compression is the holy grail"

God Speed Al and rest in peace

Rest in peace Al. You passed on so much useful information but some just couldn't or wouldn't understand. Your Nunley Newes Letters, and Nunley Report occupie a prominent place on my book shelf.

Condolences to his family and friends, even with his harsh ways at times, he did provide alot of valuable information to fellow racers on here, me included...RIP 🙏

Condolences to his family. He and I disagreed on many things in my short time of chatting with him, but he was always willing to explain his reasonings. He gave me a lot of interesting ideas and I will definitely miss seeing him post. May He RIP.

I always thought the banter between Al and other members was entertaining (what are we going to do with all that popcorn? ) What Al needed was his own forum section concerning vintage karting and tech through the 60's , 70's and 80's which he had good answers for .Unfortunatly his age and other things i'm sure kept him from keeping up with tech of the day which made for some disagrement and spirited conversation. He undoubtably had a deep passion for our sport and always meant well . His responses whether inaccurate ,outdated or not will be missed.

Yep, learned a lot from Al. Not only to trust the data and "compression is the holy grail" but mainly to think outside the box. Thanks Al, I considered you a friend.

Wow... I was dreading hearing something like this since he had not posted in nearly a week.

I definitely had many "spirited" conversations with Al over the last 3 decades... going all the way back to "The Karting Mailing List" in the early 90's, and then to my web site forums after that -- and then to Bob's here for more years than I can count.

He will be missed... by me, and many many others, no doubt.

RIP Alvin Nunley!

Very sad news indeed. Always enjoyed his posts, good or bad he always made ya think. RIP Al, don’t worry, we won’t forget you. Joe

Back