Rival loose in and middle

umaxk99

Probably just trying to over drive this thing but big tube Rival feels loose into the corner and thru the middle. 375 Crate class, running 46 nose, 60 left and 65 cross. About 7/8 rear stagger. umax set up sheet shows little less left. Casters were at 11rf, 8lf. I lowered lf to 7 thinking that would keep left rear loaded long but didn't seem to help.

First question would be how Far from the is RR inside edge of wheel ( rim ) to the frame ( cassettet hanger ) then same for the LR ?
Was it OK and just changed ? If so did you use different set of tires ?
What are your camber setting ? What poistions are the rear pills in ? How far from top of axle up to top back of seat ?
Are you sure it's not a slight push on entry that turns into loose middle because of to miuch wheel input on entry ?

First question would be how Far from the is RR inside edge of wheel ( rim ) to the frame ( cassettet hanger ) then same for the LR ?
Was it OK and just changed ? If so did you use different set of tires ?
What are your camber setting ? What poistions are the rear pills in ? How far from top of axle up to top back of seat ?
Are you sure it's not a slight push on entry that turns into loose middle because of to miuch wheel input on entry ?
I did bump the right RR out 1/8 thinking that would fine tune my stagger but ill have to take that measurement on the RR and LR. Track conditions are not consistent but ive been on the same tire. Cambers are -2.75rf , .5 lf . As far as pills they are untouched and I will report back when I check them as well as seat back. I don't feel like its a push

Probably just trying to over drive this thing but big tube Rival feels loose into the corner and thru the middle. 375 Crate class, running 46 nose, 60 left and 65 cross. About 7/8 rear stagger. umax set up sheet shows little less left. Casters were at 11rf, 8lf. I lowered lf to 7 thinking that would keep left rear loaded long but didn't seem to help.
I'm told, don't know for a fact, that this is the information you need for a proper set up. umaxk99 setup 8 16 20.jpg

I did bump the right RR out 1/8 thinking that would fine tune my stagger but ill have to take that measurement on the RR and LR. Track conditions are not consistent but ive been on the same tire. Cambers are -2.75rf , .5 lf . As far as pills they are untouched and I will report back when I check them as well as seat back. I don't feel like its a push
Bumping RR out didn't help it for sure, especially If it was already out to much, but ya get the other info, as far as the pills they will be either positioned In or Out both should be in the out position.

Bumping RR out didn't help it for sure, especially If it was already out to much, but ya get the other info, as far as the pills they will be either positioned In or Out both should be in the out position.
I gotcha and I appreciate it. Ill check to see if they are out and pull the RR back in the 1/8th

what do you think more cross would do for me in that situation?
what do you think more cross would do for me in that situation?

I don't know what he thinks butt would like to offer my why on it.

There are infinite ways to put a tire to the track for grip from banging it hard into the track to easing it gently into the track and everything in between.

The net of it is you would not be loose mid turn unless your RR gave up a little at mid turn.

IMHO moving the RR back in will "slightly" shift how your RR is put to the track from the gentle end of the scale toward more heavily banging it into the track.
If that alone fixes your slight loose middle turn it will because your change moved the RR more towards "putting weight to it harder" enabling the RR to not completely let loose even the little bit which is hurting your performance.

just IMHO and ain't necessarily right anyway. ... :)

Not IF indeed it's only in the center, however there is where I'd go next as more cross will help loose in or exit. Try the other 2 tweaks first.
I don't know what he thinks butt would like to offer my why on it.

There are infinite ways to put a tire to the track for grip from banging it hard into the track to easing it gently into the track and everything in between.

The net of it is you would not be loose mid turn unless your RR gave up a little at mid turn.

IMHO moving the RR back in will "slightly" shift how your RR is put to the track from the gentle end of the scale toward more heavily banging it into the track.
If that alone fixes your slight loose middle turn it will because your change moved the RR more towards "putting weight to it harder" enabling the RR to not completely let loose even the little bit which is hurting your performance.

just IMHO and ain't necessarily right anyway. ... :)
Hey I appreciate you guys input. im usually concerned more about the LR and don't put enough thought in the RR. I am a lighter weight driver 170ish so I have a lot of weight on the kart to get to 375. Im actually 378. Set up sheet recommends 57-59%left and im at 60%. i was wondering if that is contributing also

Do you have the lead in or out of the right front? I tend to keep the lr on the rival out about a inch my driver's about the same size as you. I'm assuming your on dry silck conditions?

Back