Rix Rockets and tools

Reb....I understand what ur saying, but....there 'cud' be cans-of-worms out there if tech guys are improvising tools or using tools that are not calibrated...certified...etc etc! Who monitors these tools? What if YOU get DQ'd for ".001" on something? Do/are the tools from "Rix-Sox-Jones" certified by the santioning bodies? (Shouldn't they be??) I've purchased tools from Rix and I didn't see any kind of certifcation enclosed. I realize that all the tech-guy's are 'doing this' out of the goodness in their hearts, but...I also think the governing bodies should be giving more thought in regards too authoring ridiculous rules and NOT be Afraid to 'delete' some as well. jmo

Sox and Jones have been making tech tools long enough that I wouldn't doubt the tools they made. What's to say any type certification is sufficient. You say you need something showing certification. OK? I say any tool that comes with something certifying said tool can then be altered to change the tool. JUST because is has certification papers doen't mean its still certified at the time of tech. I believe Sox and Jones reputation for quality work has enough certification behind it. I wouldn't question any DQ from those tools. I also wouldn't question a DQ from a tool produced from obvious quality work SO LONG AS that tool can be shown to be of accurate measurements and/or weight.

Like I said, I have a feeling I know where this sudden need or want of certified tool manufactutrer is going. I may be wrong but my gut has a strong feeling on it. I hope something of such nonsense isn't implemented. I do agree no homemade generic tools. I would hope that if such a thing was implemented that it wouldn't be limited to a single supplier, seeing as how we have tools being produced by people who have been doing it for many years now without issue.

It seems like people spend more time simply looking for something to create issues about where there have been no issues before. First the rules do not suit people. Now tech tools do not suit people. These are the same tools we have been teching with for how long? Only now has it become an issue to some. It's really not an issue but, more or a less an avenue of approach for people to simply have a reason to create an issue.

I'm not trying to be ugly by my posting but, it's ALWAYS something. ALWAYS......

Last edited:
You have a good point. Always!!!! something. It is to bad we can't all play in the sand box together without one or two wanting to do things differently

Sox and Jones have been making tech tools long enough that I wouldn't doubt the tools they made. What's to say any type certification is sufficient. You say you need something showing certification. OK? I say any tool that comes with something certifying said tool can then be altered to change the tool. JUST because is has certification papers doen't mean its still certified at the time of tech. I believe Sox and Jones reputation for quality work has enough certification behind it. I wouldn;t question any DQ from those tools. I also wouldn't question a DQ from a tool produced from obvious quality work SO LONG AS that tool can be shown to be of accurate measurements and/or weight.

Like I said, I have a feeling I know where this sudden need or want of certified tool manufactutrer is going. I may be wrong but my gut has a strong feeling on it. I hope something of such nonsense isn't implemented. I do agree no homemade generic tools. I would hope that such a thing was implemented that it wouldn't be limiyed to a singal supplier, seeing as how we have tools being produce by people who have been doing it for many years now without issue.

It seems like people spend more time simply looking for something to create issues about where there have been no issues before. First the rules do not suit people. Now tech tools do not suit people. These are the same tools we have been teching with for how long? Only now has it become an issue to some. It's really not an issue but, more or a less an avenue of approach for people to somply have a reason to create an issue.

I'm not trying to be ugly by my posting but, it's ALWAYS something. ALWAYS......
Majority Rules....so be it!

Back