Rix Rockets and tools

DynoDon

With Rix Rockets going out of business, there are many calls to me about getting the spring block with the .250 gauge and the .815 gauge. If you have an inventory of those tools let me know so I can send people your way for purchase. Also is there anyone with plans to continue the production of the tools.

...... is there anyone with plans to continue the production of the tools.
Very Possible! IF....there is a sustained 'market' and rule changes are Not going too scrap inventories. What controls do AKRA have/require in this issue? I realize that 'some' things need 2b discussed behind closed-doors, but I have always choose too keep my doors open.

Let me check with Bill or Jim to see if there has been any advancement on the issue as yet. Last time we talked there wasn't. I was looking for inventory that some may have in stock.

Let me check with Bill or Jim to see if there has been any advancement on the issue as yet. Last time we talked there wasn't. I was looking for inventory that some may have in stock.
Just a suggestion/question. but...why isn't/shouldn't mandated 'tech' tools be coming out of the 'ruling body's' doors anyhow....'cert's' and all? (jst ask'n)

Although Rick had all the tools.. The official supplier of AKRA tools has been Larry Jones Motorsports and he has them all..
We stock the .815 installed height gauge alon with a few other engine builders gauges such as stroke , cam lift and now Gram Scales..

Don
Are we even using the sprng box anymore? Johnny said he hasn't seen any being used at the money races down south since the avent of the .650 check

I discussed that with AKRA and was told that it will be left in the rules for those who do not have the weights system. It still can be used as a guide for them to govern their tech.

Although Rick had all the tools.. The official supplier of AKRA tools has been Larry Jones Motorsports and he has them all..
We stock the .815 installed height gauge alon with a few other engine builders gauges such as stroke , cam lift and now Gram Scales..

Don
Are we even using the sprng box anymore? Johnny said he hasn't seen any being used at the money races down south since the avent of the .650 check

Jerry,

Is the multi-engine stroke tool still on backorder? If so, do have an idea when you will have some available?

Should have some more brackets made by mid next week..
We only made 2 the first go around.. Way under estimated the response..

As far as having the rule makers start dictating which tool we are mandated to use........please don't go there. There are too many tool makers out there who have good products that are already flooding the market. Keep in mind if that type of thing were to happen, you would have lots of money already spent having gone to waste. I may be reading between the lines too much here but, it looks like one responder is looking to get their foot in the door if that were the case of things to come. I have tools from Rix, Sox, Larry Jones and soon to be Jerry. I'm positive I'm not the only like this. If any of these guys are not incorporated into any such nonsense of telling people what tool they are mandated to use, then I'm (We) are suppose to shrug it off and say "Oh well....it's only money."?

We've already to that point to a degree. A couple months back I was told by a friend that they could have me a Dead Weight tool machined for me. So I sought out info on the specs for the each part. I was told be the individual (who i will not name) that they did not want to provide me with those specs because they did not want to get involved with something that could open up such a large can of worms. They also told me that Larry Jones was the making the only tool recognized by the AKRA. So I went out and bought one.

Reb....I understand what ur saying, but....there 'cud' be cans-of-worms out there if tech guys are improvising tools or using tools that are not calibrated...certified...etc etc! Who monitors these tools? What if YOU get DQ'd for ".001" on something? Do/are the tools from "Rix-Sox-Jones" certified by the santioning bodies? (Shouldn't they be??) I've purchased tools from Rix and I didn't see any kind of certifcation enclosed. I realize that all the tech-guy's are 'doing this' out of the goodness in their hearts, but...I also think the governing bodies should be giving more thought in regards too authoring ridiculous rules and NOT be Afraid to 'delete' some as well. jmo

I think that individual told you that it wouldn't be wise of you to have a tool of that nature made and used in tech due to the fact that it could cause YOU personal problems if you were to DQ an engine with a tool of that nature that was not AKRA approved. I felt bad that I had to turn you down on that info but I did it for your own good. I do thank you for considering me your friend even though I turned down your request. I think at the time you were a certified tech?

Oh wasn't upset about it. I was just hoping to be able to take advantage of a great offer at the time. I wouldn't have been too concerned about the certification of the tool. Or the quality of the tool. It would have come out of a machine shop of one of the largest equipment manufacturers in the US....Caterpillar. ;-)

Back