RLV Pipe 5506 vd 5507

Hello, I guess if its any difference in the performance of the motor depending on the pipe tipe? Thank you for your help

Little to none.
I prefer the candy cane pipe (5506) on oval applications or where you're at higher rpm (near the rev limiter) longer.
Most all other applications prefer the behind the seat pipe (5507.)
There are exceptions, but generally you use the pipe that best fits your chassis (ie plastic bumper, seat bar on a champ kart, etc.)

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Little to none.
I prefer the candy cane pipe (5506) on oval applications or where you're at higher rpm (near the rev limiter) longer.
Most all other applications prefer the behind the seat pipe (5507.)
There are exceptions, but generally you use the pipe that best fits your chassis (ie plastic bumper, seat bar on a champ kart, etc.)

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Thank you so much for your post.

Candy cane style pipe melts the plastic bumper on sprint karts.
It may also get a metal bumper very hot and if someone that doesn't know any better picks up the rear of the kart they will learn in a hurry to be careful in the future.
The 5507 pipe may rub on the chain, or rear sprocket if you use something less than a 15 degree motor mount.

We had tested both with no real noticeable difference. We chose what we are using simply by seeing who has what on the grid.

Back