Rocket rim question

Phenom20

Does anyone know if the rocket rim accepts the bully drivers? Been out of karting 12 years and have 3 bullys and all the drivers. Now everything local is lo206 with drum clutches. Looks like I have alot of catching up to do!

Sort of. There is a bit of play or you need a super thin washer to make it work. More details on the SMC website about the difference.

Just buy the SMC drivers. $23 each and fit perfect. No clanging from a loose drum like you can get with the bully drivers. SMC even cautions you to use only SMC drivers in the Rocket Rim instructions.

Would anyone be willing to tell me what setup I would need for 206 black slide with green coil 6150 rpm max? I can't find anything on SMC website about setting them up

Use it just how it comes from SMC ensuring you follow the instructions for inboard vs outboard shoe positioning. The only changes you can make from there are springs and stock springs are correct for 206 senior.

Last edited:
I'm going to be running the kid in rookie box stock 265lbs. I don't see anywhere on the site about tuning and changing springs or even ordering springs to change engagement

The Rocket Rim uses the same type springs and shoes as a Noram Premier Stinger. Mine came with orange springs. Use the stinger spring chart if you want engagement other than 3000 to 3200 rpm. CLICK HERE.

Back