Rod oil hole

drvred

If you increase the size of the oil hole in the rod, can you re-chamfer the hole?
Also is the chamfer a tech item?

x2 don't go over kill but 1 maybe 2 drill bits larger wont hurt (a couple thousands) and same with the chamfer just enough to make it clean

also I don't think its a tec part??? but you can open up the oiling holes in the piston too... I open them up 2 bits larger then clean the ring groves with 800 grit to take the bur off

It's another made in china disaster. Sneaks posted up a row of clone rods and one Honda rod ALL with different holes and chamfers. I take my oil holes up to .156", and use 3 different angled tools to chamfer both sides. A well oiled rod will make you faster though and not put holes in engines and oil all over the track, so its illegal....cherry pick to get the best AKRA legal one(end sarcasm).

What I'm wondering is if the chamfer on the bearing surface is going to get a tech number out on it. Making the bearing surface narrower can increase power

Connecting Rod: Delete (No machining of any type allowed.)
Add (Length from top of journal to bottom of wrist pin hole 2.375” max and 2.350”
min.)
Add ( Honing of journal end and wrist pin hole permitted, those surfaces must
remain flat.)
Add (Oil hole size .173 no go )
Add (New stock Performance rod (forged) allowed)
(So now we have .025" to play with on the rod length.)

2.375 will allow a .015 over rod and 2.350 will allow a .010 under rod.
it was +.010 -.005 before the change? I'll go with the .015 and cut the head of the piston. woo hoo!!! now they'll be lightening up the pistons since the no machining was deleted.
Just thought of this after I posted. Hey Benny them forged rods longer?

Last edited:
carb .715 tech is a problem if carb doesn't meet the spec you can machine face of carb and still work on the throttle bore then remachine .I was thinking of an overall length on carb mearurement but these carbs are everywhere some are .030 thicker than other ruxing .I hope this issue gets fix soon there are ways to read between the lines on that rule measurement .thanksphre

Last edited:
Back