roller stoped!

smith37

Anybody ever had there tire roller stop while prepping from inside and not know it until next day.....and prep settled in one spot of tire...if so what did you do?

yep. how much prep you had and how long they rolled till stopped as well as prep type . if not much prep and rolled for several hrs with a harsh prep , may be ok. ran and tossed is what we did.
that and got stronger motor, now when they work over to the side they keep rolling.

Yes it happened to mine about a month ago---I guessed that it turned about 12 hours and stopped--I took the tires out and manually turned them every hour or so until I could get them in my buddies roller several hours later--they turned out ok but it was a bit scary. If they durometer the same all the way around they are most likely ok.. John Elliott

They rolled about 7 to 8 hrs until I found out it had stopped. Inside prep was mafia....had 90cc in them...and they do check about 6pts. softer in about a 2 inch wide stop of the tire

Anybody ever had there tire roller stop while prepping from inside and not know it until next day.....and prep settled in one spot of tire...if so what did you do?

Sorry this is after your problem but maybe it will help the next guy.

There is a way to reduce the chances of a stopped tire.

The biggest things are from rubbing and binding.
If you reduce the speed and have your roller pull the tire rather than push it, it will have a reduced change of binding between the two rolls.
The not driven roll is in the back and the driven roll pulls the tire forward.
Since we don't recommend rolling the outside of tires this make a big difference.
Why we don't recommend rolling the outside:
http://www.tracktac.com/pdf/FAQsheetforTrackTac.pdf
Read page F5 specifically.

Also, you can use a cut corner of a milk jug to make a bumper on each end of your roller to reduce binding.

Hope this helps,
Randy

Back