Rolling Chassis Suggestions

Jcom

Hey guys, I am brand new to karting and already got some information from my previous thread. I was thinking when I start to purchase things, I am going to look for a rolling chassis then mount my motor to it instead of buying all of the parts separately.

It probably will not be for a while, but would you recommend any specific chassis to start out on or look for? If anyone is selling a rolling chassis (near Snydersville Raceway in Pa), I will keep you in mind for the future when it comes time to purchase my kart.

If it helps, I am still undecided on what engine class I will be using.

Can't go wrong with something from prc. Since you're just starting I'd look for a phenom or an icon. I'm sure more people will help you out in this thread. Good luck bud!

Next thing to take into consideration is are you racing on dirt or pavement. And are you racing a flat kart or a champ kart. I thing in my own opinion you can get any kart to work with the right set-up and right set of tires on the kart. If interested I have a Titan Champ, but overall buy a chassis that has track support and set-up advise and stick with a local tire guy to help you out. Good luck!

What is the difference between a champ kart and a flat kart? Other than the looks. And I will be racing on a dirt track.

Champ karts obviously have a roll cage and 5 point restraint system.

The two types of karts cannot be races together.

Good suggestions above. I might add that you should check what brands your track parts supplier or local shops stock. If you bend a spindle, break an L-block, nerf bar, etc, you may want to have access to those parts quickly trackside (or have plenty of spares with you - just in case.) ;)

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back