Rolling Maxxis questions

So I got a question about rolling tires for a wet track that never really dries out. I run at a very wet track during the summer we never get over 48 on the duro and this time of year heck we never get over 40 I’m curious what you guys would do about rolling tires how many cc in a set and would u let them cold roll at like 65° or should I keep them warm in my hot box at maybe 100° or am I in complete left feild on this? Just really curious

I run the Palmetto Speed Shop line of preps

For example I rolled a set last night for the first time I mounted them and sanded the glase off them and I rolled 100cc in the rights and 70 in the Lr at 4-5lbs air just to try to spread the prep out as even as I can (just looking at tire surface to see how rounded it is) and I rolled them in my box and the actual tire temperature of the rubber was around 95° what do y’all think about how I’m doing it just looking for some pointers.

thanks a ton!

So I got a question about rolling tires for a wet track that never really dries out. I run at a very wet track during the summer we never get over 48 on the duro and this time of year heck we never get over 40 I’m curious what you guys would do about rolling tires how many cc in a set and would u let them cold roll at like 65° or should I keep them warm in my hot box at maybe 100° or am I in complete left feild on this? Just really curious

I run the Palmetto Speed Shop line of preps

For example I rolled a set last night for the first time I mounted them and sanded the glase off them and I rolled 100cc in the rights and 70 in the Lr at 4-5lbs air just to try to spread the prep out as even as I can (just looking at tire surface to see how rounded it is) and I rolled them in my box and the actual tire temperature of the rubber was around 95° what do y’all think about how I’m doing it just looking for some pointers.

thanks a ton!
Set your air, punch the tire before rolling, add 1 ounce (30cc) for every 3 points you want to drop them.
Probably gonna need a 120-150 tire in the winter to punch around 42 before wiping

Depends on the class you are running as to the amount to roll.
If you arent softening the tires down into the lower 30s, roll your normal amount.
As far as temp, if your shop stays fairly warm, no need to use heat, but wont hurt to use either. If shop is freezing, yes use heat.

On the wheel. Just break the bead and get them out. Otherwise most of the prep will evaporate and not really go in the tire.

Prep can not evaporate if tire is mounted and holding air.
The marbles are used when rolling tires unmounted, to help with the evaporation caused by tire being unmounted.
The question was asked did I roll them off the wheel. That is what I was referring to when I said the prep would evaporate. Some one recommended to me rolling with marbles to have an even spread. I assumed they meant on the wheel. After reading this I guess I was doubling up. Either marbles off the wheel or no marbles on the wheel.

The question was asked did I roll them off the wheel. That is what I was referring to when I said the prep would evaporate. Some one recommended to me rolling with marbles to have an even spread. I assumed they meant on the wheel. After reading this I guess I was doubling up. Either marbles off the wheel or no marbles on the wheel.
No marbles necessary when rolling a mounted tire.

OP, ask Matt about how much of his prep to use, but with our Pink Panther, you'd be looking at 4 ounce right sides (maybe more, or re-rolls.)
A little heat will help the prep pull through, just don't get carried away. I prefer to roll at room temperature, or around 70* if I'm not in a rush.
-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back