Rolling tires

Jking

If you rolled your tires on the inside and haven’t used them in 3 months do you need to reroll them before you race them again?

They are Maxxis ht3 pink and blues. I am using them for jr3, and they are 2019’s that have been run like 4 races

We got then from a dude that rolled them new and ran them one big race And then we got them. But when we got them we used them a time and then rolled them and haven’t touched them in 3 months.

We got then from a dude that rolled them new and ran them one big race And then we got them. But when we got them we used them a time and then rolled them and haven’t touched them in 3 months.
Hopefully Earl from So Co will chime in, if he does I'd do as he suggest, but I would reroll them with 30 % less than last time rolled.

Yes it will depend on the prep that was rolled initially. Some require re rolls often while others every few months or so.

Spot on advice.
If you do choose to re-roll them, consider 1/2 the previous roll amount and of the same chemical. The chemicals that still remain in the tire (and they do) will be reactivated by the addition of new chemicals of the same family. Use that same internal and you should be good to go. If it's a once and done internal, then re-rolling them could be all wrong. Talk with the manufacturer of the prep that you are using, or the dealer / tire guy, as he'll know best what to do with them at this point.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back