Rotational torque

At 3200, there appears to have been a similar, less cataclysmic event. So, to me, this appears cyclic in nature. If airflow would allow, the disturbance at 4900 likely would look similar, although more intense

The point being, this is a known phenomenon. A lot can be cleaned up before it would be cost effective to put on a spintron and look for the last little bits to iron out.
Spirit and intent of the class is supposed to limit the amount done in this direction.

The dyno sheet was intended to help illustrate the hp- torque relationships, and help some see my point on the driver gear-torque ratio changes.

Last edited:
A look at the dyno sheet shows why stalling your clutch against the garage wall may be bad for clutch life.
Stalling, slipping at max torque is much different than operating normally at the torque range usually seen on track.

Last edited:
The dyno sheet was intended to help illustrate the hp- torque relationships, and help some see my point on the driver gear-torque ratio changes.
Could you expand on what you meant by that?

I think that James Watt might disagree with your contention of the reason for the dyno sheet. Maybe I am misunderstanding you?

Could you expand on what you meant by that?

I think that James Watt might disagree with your contention of the reason for the dyno sheet. Maybe I am misunderstanding you?
Squirrel

My contention was I posted the link to the dyno sheet so everyone was on the same page as far as what dyno sheets show and some real numbers for the specific engine to work off of for this discussion.
By no means is this any more than an example.

How can we get so far from the discussion.?

For the gearing experts.
This was on another thread in the LO206 forum.

http://www.gofasthp.com/206.pdf
Work out where you would target rpm for a momentum oval with 400 rpm drops. and why.
Keep in mind the 6050 rev limiter.

The challenge is to do it for all the slides. Should net some interesting responses.

Last edited:
Back