Rotax 250 intake manifold

I got a Rotax 250cc engine in a superkart that I'm prepping to road race. I noticed the rubber manifold is a little worn.

Attachments

• IMG_2993.jpg
    IMG_2993.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2992(1).jpg
    IMG_2992(1).jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 20
Kinda off topic but what kind of chassis's are used for superkarts? Same as most road race or sprint courses just different bodywork?
No, mostly they are specific 250 chassis like PVP or Anderson, for example, though you can find people running 250s on chassis designed for 125cc shifter, especially in Britain.

Looks like you got a PVP from Sid Daniels maybe?
The manifold and reeds you got are for a stock 257. The manifold has a stuffer that goes down into the reed cage. If you currently have a V force 2 or 3 the stuffer will have been cut off the manifold itself as it's not needed.

Looks like you got a PVP from Sid Daniels maybe?
The manifold and reeds you got are for a stock 257. The manifold has a stuffer that goes down into the reed cage. If you currently have a V force 2 or 3 the stuffer will have been cut off the manifold itself as it's not needed.
I got it from a dude in Arizona who got it from a dude in Michigan. I think it's a PVP but still not 100% on that, she has a few years on her. It's a learn as you go process on the engine too. My first 2 cycle engine after years of 4 cycles. Thanks for the info, I have a ton of details to learn about it.

I sold a 257 to Mark Croslyn on FB, and a couple and parts to George Sunderland, also on FB. Perhaps one of them can be of assistance.

Maybe you got it from John Cochran in Az via Sid in Michigan? Either way there are a few of us with 257 experience. They are a good motor and can run with the Honda’s when set up right. Email me direct if you have questions. Scared@att.net. I’ve got a couple 257s I run and have rebuilt a few, they are good engines.

Maybe you got it from John Cochran in Az via Sid in Michigan? Either way there are a few of us with 257 experience. They are a good motor and can run with the Honda’s when set up right. Email me direct if you have questions. Scared@att.net. I’ve got a couple 257s I run and have rebuilt a few, they are good engines.
Yes, John Cochran sold it to me. Seems to be in decent shape after sitting for quite a while. I'm still preparing it for Daytona. Bushings, brakes, bodywork, etc. It will be the first time we will run it. Our first 2 cycle engine, first gearbox, first superkart. What could go wrong, right? So not sure what we will need until something breaks. Thank for your contact info. I will certainly be in touch.

Back