RPM’s

To increase, is it roughly 100 per tooth? What is ideal engine temp?
You'll get different range temp from different people 425 should be a good avg, 1 tooth added to the rear should gain close to 100 rpm. Keep the rear gear on a clone between 56 and 62 If you need to get out of that range change the front driver.

You'll get different range temp from different people 425 should be a good avg, 1 tooth added to the rear should gain close to 100 rpm. Keep the rear gear on a clone between 56 and 62 If you need to get out of that range change the front driver.
Let me give u a scenario
On a low bite, low momentum track. Blue plate we were running a 13/63 pushing 6300 rpm running 360 degrees. Running Burris 33b’s w/ psi of Right 5 Left 4. A little slow pulling off corners but not far behind leader. What changes would u make.

Last edited:
Let me give u a scenario
On a low bite, low momentum track. Blue plate we were running a 13/63 pushing 6300 rpm running 360 degrees. Running Burris 33b’s w/ psi of Right 5 Left 4. A little slow pulling off corners but not far behind leader. What changes would u make.
Was the engine built for a blue plate? Do you feel the engine is running properly? I would consider trying a smaller jet if you feel there is an issue.
How do your RPM drops compare to your competition?
If your handling is good, your driver may have to move around to find a better way through the corner. If handling is an issue, post your numbers along with the chassis.
Any chance you're over prepping and locking the kart down? I don't think so with the lower engine temp but something to consider.

Let me give u a scenario
That would depend on how the kart was handling and corner speed, and If off why, could just be the driver is over driving and loosing speed, BUT I would for sure turn it more, since your already on a small driver with Blue plate I'd add 1 tooth to the rear and if that helped but still couldn't catch the leader I'd add another tooth to the rear. I'd tape shut the side cover as well.
Curious what track are you racing ?

That would depend on how the kart was handling and corner speed, and If off why, could just be the driver is over driving and loosing speed, BUT I would for sure turn it more, since your already on a small driver with Blue plate I'd add 1 tooth to the rear and if that helped but still couldn't catch the leader I'd add another tooth to the rear. I'd tape shut the side cover as well.
Curious what track are you racing ?
Little track in east KY: Willard

At willard the turns are so tight and the straight stretch’s are long so I usually turn 100-200 more than engine builders recommendation just to get off the corner especially the last few weeks the track has been extremely low bite with a sandy top layer like driving on marbles

At willard the turns are so tight and the straight stretch’s are long so I usually turn 100-200 more than engine builders recommendation just to get off the corner especially the last few weeks the track has been extremely low bite with a sandy top layer like driving on marbles
What driver u typically on

Back