RPM’s

Don't be afraid to turn it harder on a track that you scrub a bunch of rpm in the corners.
I pay as much attention to corner "Drop" rpm as I do peak rpm on the Mychron.
More teeth in the back will help the car accelerate up off the corner.
Could be driving/chassis issues as well, but answering your question specifically about rpm & gearing.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Don't be afraid to turn it harder on a track that you scrub a bunch of rpm in the corners.
I pay as much attention to corner "Drop" rpm as I do peak rpm on the Mychron.
More teeth in the back will help the car accelerate up off the corner.
Could be driving/chassis issues as well, but answering your question specifically about rpm & gearing.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
We’ve made adjustments. Went up on the cross, to get some weight off R REAR. Plus this will be our first time there with a better engine. If I’m getting close to 6300rpm on 13/63 would u up rear two teeth?

we are new and appreciate every ounce of help. I just want him competitive

Yes if your at 6300 increase 2 teeth on rear, turn it 6500 rpm min. on a higher drop long back stretch track here we turn our blue plate 6700 rpm.

We've turned our Jr3 Blue plate motor 7000 on more than one occasion and won... :) When I tell the builder about he cringes lol :)

Momentum track with little drop- keep peak RPM 6500
High drops, low grip track- Spin it up! 6800+ get that dig out of the corner!

Let me give u a scenario
On a low bite, low momentum track. Blue plate we were running a 13/63 pushing 6300 rpm running 360 degrees. Running Burris 33b’s w/ psi of Right 5 Left 4. A little slow pulling off corners but not far behind leader. What changes would u make.
more air pressure!!!

1lb at a time?
try 8 and see what happens if it slides they can come in and you can let a lb out and head strait back. if it works go up 1/2 lb at a time if the rear is tight put more there if it pushes let some out in the front until you have it working the way you like it. you can also try adding bite in the mid week along with the higher psi you will find what works through trial and error. Good Luck!

Back