Rubber nose protector.

What's the best source for the rubber nose protectors seen on most noses?
It appears to be rubber base board , what height , thickness and brands are best?
I'm sure it can be a chore to bend the arc around the nose? Or is there anybody making molded ones with more of a pronounced lip at the bottom that fit better?
Thanks, David

Got mine at Home Depot. Self adhesive backed in a 20 ft roll cost about $19.00. They sell 4 foot sections but that didnt reach front tire to tire on my nose. I heated mine with my torpedo heater (since it was already on) and that made it more pliable to work with. Pop riveted on the ends and in the middle. Turned out good.

The 4' individually sold pieces have a more pronounced lip at the bottom.

I use the 20' roll. Cut off a piece that will fit around the front and lay it in the sun for about 15 minutes or so, this will help bend it around the nose. I align and mark the baseboard (placement) on the nose with tape ( backing is still on) and rivet one end of the rubber to the nose. I then peel off the backing working my way to the other side. I use a heat gun to heat and smooth the baseboard onto any contours in the nose. I then rivet the other end.

I use the 20' roll. Cut off a piece that will fit around the front and lay it in the sun for about 15 minutes or so, this will help bend it around the nose. I align and mark the baseboard (placement) on the nose with tape ( backing is still on) and rivet one end of the rubber to the nose. I then peel off the backing working my way to the other side. I use a heat gun to heat and smooth the baseboard onto any contours in the nose. I then rivet the other end.

This is exactly how I do it.. works great. I haven't had a problem without using the pop rivets, but it can't hurt.

Back