rubber seat bushings

Curious if anyone knows where to get these in bulk? (Its for a non karting project at work and they are perfect for the application, need about 75 of them) Looked at McMaster, and didn't see anything?

Just take an old kart tire you're about to dispose of, use whatever size hole saw you choose the OD to be and make as many as you wish. You'll already have the 1/4" hole dead center too. I bet you'll spend less for the hole saw than you would that many rubber/neoprene washers. -Alan-

Just take an old kart tire you're about to dispose of, use whatever size hole saw you choose the OD to be and make as many as you wish. You'll already have the 1/4" hole dead center too. I bet you'll spend less for the hole saw than you would that many rubber/neoprene washers. -Alan-

The rubber seat bushings have a 5/16 hole not 1/4.....

If it were me Id pay the $18.75 plus shipping for 75 pc from Bark and be done with it.... not sure if you ever tried to drill rubber before , especially a tire but its not an something that works out too well

Worked fine for me for 40+ years. I guess ya just need to know how to do it.
cut tire apart lay on a 2 /6 use hole saw. not quite as easy as purchasing pre made ,works though. can also cut a few out of the side wall little harder and keep fingers clear is the main thing.

Guys, guys, guys............ I'm not saying that making your own is THE thing to do. I am simply giving an option for "do it yourselfers". I'm from an era of karting when you weren't always able to Google up your order of "readily available" items. It simply finds a use for useless old tires by simply using a little ingenuity. I guess such things are not appreciated anymore.

Don't mess with something that is sub standard that could create a problem that you could chase all yr. Mounting a seat is not something you want to just cut tires up on because you don't have grommets

Don't mess with something that is sub standard that could create a problem that you could chase all yr. Mounting a seat is not something you want to just cut tires up on because you don't have grommets
I am sure it takes at least two PHD's to mount a seat. For me it's not ordering part It's I want it right now part. I have shop full of tools. A 3/8's drill a piece of thin wall tubing of your choice, with the open ground to a sharp edge << in drill motor while spinning WaLa rubber hole saw of your own size . I have even used a empty soup can for cutting light foam for circles and relief holes. Karting started as DYI, now it's the credit card racer.

usually use tire grommets under the lead weights. And when one rolls of into never never land and you done searched through 6 or 7 boxes full of good stuff where there shoulda been at least 1 rubber seat grommet, but only stuff you were gonna get too later.

So with that I'll assume you have ball bearings on your toilet seat? :)

Guys, guys, guys............ I'm not saying that making your own is THE thing to do. I am simply giving an option for "do it yourselfers". I'm from an era of karting when you weren't always able to Google up your order of "readily available" items. It simply finds a use for useless old tires by simply using a little ingenuity. I guess such things are not appreciated anymore.

We do the same thing Vintage, works very well for us also. :eek:

Well you know what I was trying to say. Yes this is the day an age of throwin money at items but this really isn't a high dollar item to save the hassle on and just order them.

Rubber Bushings

Curious if anyone knows where to get these in bulk? (Its for a non karting project at work and they are perfect for the application, need about 75 of them) Looked at McMaster, and didn't see anything?

Some of your replies need to read the original question. Not karting or seat related.

We've got them in bulk if you still need them. Of course you can make them yourself, but when you're looking at making 75 of them - you have to consider what you value your time at.
Give us a call if you are still looking.

Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
765-339-4407

Back