Ruff Country Add a leaf

Anyone used these before? Says it adds towing capacity and adds about 1.5-2 inches in the rear. Thinking of putting it in my 1999 chevy Silverado 1500. Any good? Feedback?

that is just for the weight...not for the strain on the motor and tranny. It will give anti sway controll but a rougher ride. In the day we used to "jack up" out cars doing that along with air shocks.

Just looking for something to add a little more towing capacity for the racecar. Just didn't want to put 3/4 tom springs or buy air bags

I'd buy bags you can fill with an home air compressor. Let them down through the week and fill them on race day.

Yes. Chevy trucks come stock with torsion bars.

I believe jtrent64 is talking about the bars for a load distributing type trailer hitch, not the front suspension. I didn't have to run them on my Silverado 1500 (2000 HD extended cab with all trailer towing options except adjustable shocks), but the trailer was a tandem axle rig and I never towed much over 6000 lbs with it.

I believe jtrent64 is talking about the bars for a load distributing type trailer hitch, not the front suspension. I didn't have to run them on my Silverado 1500 (2000 HD extended cab with all trailer towing options except adjustable shocks), but the trailer was a tandem axle rig and I never towed much over 6000 lbs with it.

That is correct, helps with the squat, spreads the load to all of the tires.

cost is gonna be a little higher for weight distributing hitch , it will transfer from vehicle to vehicle though.
As would bags.
springs gonna be least expensive.

If you spend the needed money to buy a weight distribution hitch and add an anti sway set up, you will be glad you did. It might cost a little money, but it is money well spent. Bags, add a leaf and any other products just don't the job that a weight distribution hitch will. Have tried all of the other gadgets, but a good hitch will beat them all.

Back