Rules with rules in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is always the racers responsibility to seek out the proper rule book and know what you are supposed to be doing, Nobody is going to spoon feed this to you. You raced an entire year under the akra rules and this is the first you are seeking out your own copy of the book?

"It's the racers responsibility to know a rule that is not there?"

Did they say they follow "xxxx rule book" and you never thought to get one?
Dude seriously. Wrong guy.

I have MORE than explained this, more on.

I said what the dang rule book said. Read it PLENTY of times, but unfortunately it's not memorized like yours clearly is.

We ran predators all year.....so I'm exempt from safety because predators are not Akra???

Sounds about as smart as you deciding to reply.

We ran clones the last part of the year, ran helmets cams since day one and no one said a WORD. Other people were running them.

I just want what's best for my dayum kids.

The world has plenty of smart/ dum aces...

Don't quit your day job and if you have nothing nice to say,follow your mommas advice.

We did enough research to finish 2nd out of 12 competitors without a secondary rule book, I never knew existed. Yes.

It is always the racers responsibility to seek out the proper rule book and know what you are supposed to be doing, Nobody is going to spoon feed this to you. You raced an entire year under the akra rules and this is the first you are seeking out your own copy of the book?

"It's the racers responsibility to know a rule that is not there?"

Did they say they follow "xxxx rule book" and you never thought to get one?
We accomplished a lot our first full year, without taking one piece of advice from smartalics

We accomplished a lot our first full year, without taking one piece of advice from smartalics
Ok, Im gonna be blunt with you then, the reason the rule exists is because when your kid comes out of a turn at 50mph and someone else taps their rear tire sending them into a fence do you want that stupid helmet camera to snag on something and snap their neck? Ofcourse not, use your better judgement and stop arguing with members trying to give you advice, youve been nothing but combative in every other post where people are trying to help you and deflecting your own responsibilities into others/track officials.

Ok, Im gonna be blunt with you then, the reason the rule exists is because when your kid comes out of a turn at 50mph and someone else taps their rear tire sending them into a fence do you want that stupid helmet camera to snag on something and snap their neck? Ofcourse not, use your better judgement and stop arguing with members trying to give you advice, youve been nothing but combative in every other post where people are trying to help you and deflecting your own responsibilities into others/track officials.
I knew you were a stalker. I am as far from combative as I am going to take your crap. Don't come at me the way you did and I won't respond like I do. You can be helpful, or whatever post#20 was.

I've done plenty of research to get our team where it's at. If I see an issue, I'm going to go about it like I do. You see a problem with me, and I see a MUCH BIGGER problem, with doing nothing.

I used my better judgment and was extremely shocked to found out how dangerous it can be, and that it is illegal.

Clearly my judgment isn't too far off, if others are doing it.

The reason the rule was implemented across a lot of tracks and series is because, much like all safety rules, there was one issue where a driver was severely injured as a result of a GoPro attached to their helmet. If I'm not mistaken, it almost acted like a spear and compromised the helmet in a crash. Probably a 1 in a million scenario, but none the less, a rule was born.

Here's where it gets complicated. For YEARS, WKA was the governing body of karting rules....for engine tech, chassis tech, and safety tech. As WKA has shifted its focus to road racing, this left a void in oval racing rules, which coincidentally came around the same time the Clone engine did....insert AKRA and NKA.

AKRA wrote a rule book that, for all intents and purposes, mirrored the WKA rule book. However, many tracks still operate under the "WKA" rules, which haven't changed in god knows how many years. I would be willing to bet that the majority of oval racing tracks are using WKA rules for kart/operating procedures, and AKRA or NKA rules for actual Clone engine tech.

If your track follows AKRA rules to a tee, both for engine and kart, then a helmet camera is illegal, and as someone mentioned above, it is your responsibility to be aware of that. If your track follows AKRA rules for engines, but NOT for kart/safety tech, then the camera on the helmet may OR may not be a rule that the track follows. If that's the case, it would be in there best interest to have it somewhere in writing (paper copy at the track, website, etc).

Every track has unique quirks/rules/procedures. In a fragmented world of karting, tracks are tweaking things to appeal to there customers. For example, our local track allows cage karts to race without a firesuit, allows junior aged drivers to move up prior to turning 15, etc etc. All things that are completely "illegal" by the WKA/AKRA rule book.

From the AKRA Website:

The AKRA Technical Manual contains all 2022 AKRA 4-cycle engine rules and much more.

To order, call the AKRA office at 704-764-8138 or order online at the following web stores:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back