Rumor has it??

Yeah i was spoiled being a half hour from fort wayne... but when your kid is a great shoe you gotta find alternatives... i really think someone needs to approach gas city or Montpelier and see if they wont start running karts... gas city runs friday nights and montpelier runs saturdays with a curfew at night...
Ya I agree hopefully something happens soon. This use to be the mecca for indiana karting. Now there isn't anything north of I-70 and along the i69 corridor that runs. Only thing is sira street racing.

Is there any other talk of an east central indiana track reopening or a fair series? I would atleast put 2-3 karts in it

Is there any other talk of an east central indiana track reopening or a fair series? I would atleast put 2-3 karts in it
Closest would probably be columbus or ben hur i suspect... i haven't heard of any tracks really opening up

Ya that sucks! I am thinking of doing something but I wanted something closer! I used to rac1e Windfall and Shelbyville(during fair) and a handful at been hur. Then I would hit the big one in Kentucky and a few in south carolina and finish it with Daytona. I am not wanting to travel 2hrs one way weekly to get ready for the bigger races out of state!
May just run some street races again until this area is alive again. If I run SIRA I have 7 races that are closer than any dirt track.

If Alexandria (armscamp) runs I just do not see it as of now being a weekly points show or money. I hope they get it going as it is only a mile away.

Hope maybe something gets going at Peru or something. Not giving up hope. ;) I may still pick up an oval kart and run some local and due a little travel here and there.

So found out Armscamp is not happening except for just some backyard karting. So still nothing unless Peru or Logansport decide to run.
U was interested in maybe picking up some equipment but not going to waste my money if it isn't close enough.

Sad to here that. Not a good way to start out the new new year. Did Bunker Hill run karts some where or just have the drag strip and big track ?

Bunker Hill ran under Jeff Hopper promotions around 20 years ago on the big track.
The track is currently in weeds and the facilities are in bad disrepair. (They really weren't very good shape 20 years ago.)
Drag Strip is doing fine.

Back