Rumor has it??

Plymouth has I think 9 races. It on their web site. They are all on Sunday.
I just looked on the site... do you know what time gates open for karts??? Since its on sundays i cant see having the kids out there at same times big track runs on Saturday nights

I just looked on the site... do you know what time gates open for karts??? Since its on sundays i cant see having the kids out there at same times big track runs on Saturday nights
I believe last year gates open at 8am and practice starts at 10. With racing following.

...and now I hear that Plymouth big track is going back to pavement...I don't know what that means for the karts, but I suspect they won't want dust up on the big track surface.

...and now I hear that Plymouth big track is going back to pavement...I don't know what that means for the karts, but I suspect they won't want dust up on the big track surface.

There is a Facebook post that says the small dirt track will stay in 2022 and they will continue to run mini sprints, karts, mowers, and wedges, regularly, with rules and points for everyone.

Hopefully the same people, or lack thereof don't run it next year. They still plan to do a one off this year to make up for how terrible we were treated, but I don't see it happening.

The owners of Plymouth Speedway stepped down this year and leased the facility to the owner of South Bend Motor Speedway which is 30 mins north and also paved.

Apparently that's why this year sucked, and why the track will go back to pavement.

Fingers crossed for next year.

Will be interesting to see for next year. Any time frame for the one off deal yet this year?

I keep checking their Facebook for an update. Glad to hear your interested. I don't mind posting on here once they make the call.

I want to message the track, but I had words with someone on their Facebook because no one would take responsibility for the way everyone was treated.

They have already been making plans and asking for opinions for next years mini sprint events, so that seems like a step in the right direction for us.

The track has come out and said big track and little track will NOT race on the same night, to keep dust off the big track.

That sounds encouraging. One issue they need to look at is the 600's rip up a track pretty good and karts generaly can't run on the track after them, lost to many seats and got too many sore cheeks running on rutted tracks......lol

That sounds encouraging. One issue they need to look at is the 600's rip up a track pretty good and karts generaly can't run on the track after them, lost to many seats and got too many sore cheeks running on rutted tracks......lol
That's what happend at Camden. Sold us out for the minis. Tore the track up and we said screw it

I know the 600's are already running at Peru and Logansport. Just no way to run the karts after the 600's with out a lot of track prep....lots of man hours to make it smooth enough for karts, I would assume. Time will tell.

Per their website:

7 Fridays, with a few HUGE Saturdays for 600s

Every other Sunday for Karts

My guess will be every other Friday for 600s, because it also says 7 Friday shows for the asphalt and they can't run the same nights.

Saturday is when the new lease (e) runs his other asphalt track (South Bend) so unless their off, not much will happen Saturdays (they share staff too)

Plymouth Speedway is no longer a kart track, still.

Although extremely counterintuitive to the sport, Plymouth decided to pull the plug on the 600/Kart track all together, indefinitely, as of last night via their Facebook.

Sucks, but I said I would update.

Back