Running jackshaft setup need better bottom end exiting corners

The setup now is 21x57 by 22clutch rear is 61 gear ratio now is 7.5 good top end is the clutch gear to big need to fine happy running. engine is 13,800 rpms

We have good top end so can we adjust the flex length shorter will that also help on bottom end and will that raise exhaust temps

To add on what Brian Said and shedding some light from my experience.

Shorter Flex - Improves top end (But increases EGT, if carb needles stay in the same setting)
Note- If gear is correct and flex is too short it can stick a piston if you're not on top of engine temps.

Longer Flex - Improves bottom end (Helps decrease heat/ EGT, if carb needles stay in the same setting)
Note- If gear is correct and flex is too long, you'll feel the kart running out of pull/rpm during the straightaway.

If you test flex I recommend making 1/4' changes. I say 1/8' flex changes (fine tuning) are harder to feel and see unless you have a Mychron 5 2t and can capture data with a racetrack that has the same conditions. (Not realistic most of time playing on dirt)

What area are you running your two stroke in? If it interest you, we have a healthy 100cc class at Ashway Speedway in Knoxville TN. We also run a Jr. Yamaha class.

To add on what Brian Said and shedding some light from my experience.

Shorter Flex - Improves top end (But increases EGT, if carb needles stay in the same setting)
Note- If gear is correct and flex is too short it can stick a piston if you're not on top of engine temps.

Longer Flex - Improves bottom end (Helps decrease heat/ EGT, if carb needles stay in the same setting)
Note- If gear is correct and flex is too long, you'll feel the kart running out of pull/rpm during the straightaway.

If you test flex I recommend making 1/4' changes. I say 1/8' flex changes (fine tuning) are harder to feel and see unless you have a Mychron 5 2t and can capture data with a racetrack that has the same conditions. (Not realistic most of time playing on dirt)
Kb06?

Could be your kart isn’t rolling free enough through the turns. It’s bound up. Setup is very critical on a low HP engine like a Yamaha. Your tire program could be too aggressive, or are you running treads? What other engines are you racing against? You could also have a tired engine or one that isn’t properly built. For having a user name like “Fasteddie” you’re asking a lot of basic questions. Just saying.

Back