Rwyb or open chassis

Atv999

What are some of the best kart chassis's for big hp? We are on a trick Titleist now and we are having some handling issues. Driver is 260lbs, total kart weight is 445. We are running small oval dirt tracks

For the most part they've all been tried and they all seem to work fine. They'll all take slightly different setups, but I'm curious if it might not be a setup issue instead of chassis issue. What issues are you having that makes you want to change chassis? What are your numbers and what kind of engine are you running? If you're not wanting to share the info publicly I'd be open to private conversation if you'd be interested.

Sometimes there is just too much weight on the chassis.....period.
These chassis are not designed to carry that much weight

Tritons, Prodigies, Legend M5, Riot, and Seay Rivals are all great chassis for MX/two cycle applications. Those have component backing from the companies to have them race ready off the jig which makes life a lot easier and is cheaper than taking a barebones chassis like a titlist/deuce/pursuit/ or any other chassis for that matter and trying to convert them on your own dime and effort being that they are not made to accommodate those items. Most newer base chassis for clone racing don’t leave room for anything bigger than a 3QT tank too, which is quite a headache when you need fuel capacity. That said, if you choose to buy a UAS/Open prepared chassis or buy a standard model and convert it yourself (and do it right) you should have a kart that can generate roll speed and turn if you get the setup right.

Last edited:
It just takes some work. Most compamies do not build any specific kart for UAS. Big tubing helps though but depends on chassis and engine.

We were slowly making progress but ran out of races lol. I was hoping that maybe I missed something that may help. I guess next year we will keep at it. Thanks again!

Interesting question. Im always surprised at how many front runners in UAS are running tried and true pre-2010 chassis.

Any chassis that helps hook up the power will be an advantage. I think that's at least part of the reason you see some older chassis still being used in UAS applications. More flexible waist, right rear dependent, low cross, etc, all play into favor of hooking up big HP. Newer, stiffer chassis are designed around lower HP and a successful tire program.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Any chassis that helps hook up the power will be an advantage. I think that's at least part of the reason you see some older chassis still being used in UAS applications. More flexible waist, right rear dependent, low cross, etc, all play into favor of hooking up big HP. Newer, stiffer chassis are designed around lower HP and a successful tire program.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
My 05 and 06 Tempest are old but the not low cross at all. In that sense they are very similar to most current karts.

Back