Rwyb yz450

Josh14

I’m new I have a yz450 on a qrc chassis I have a new set of scales I need some setup numbers cross and so on I’m running a wedge body and Hoosier tires I weigh 270lb myself
I’m a ump mod driver and gave it all up to run karts with my son I have run kart a few times it pushes coming out and don’t set well so I replaced all bearings and starting fresh any help would be awesome

flattop1

Dawg 89
This is old info but might help. Tires and location are always helpful along with current setup .

Amarillo Guy Here. check Facebook, Redline Kart Sales.

Answers-no well in the world you can drive a shorty. For 5-10 yr olds.

Chassis from QRC

Shorty-you can tell, very small, bought for my 10 year, he was crammed.

Intermediate-use a mic and the bottom cage tubing will measure 1 1/8. Made for clones, animals, 125cc 2 stoke and 250f four stroke. Still 10yrs-16 maybe, 16 might be pushing it.

Open-here's what you need. Bottom frame will measure 1 1/4.I'm 250, 6' and it's still a chore getting in, but once I'm in, it's race time. My son is 10 but likes the open because of the room, and he's fast in it. Use this with a 250 four stroke, or a 500 2 stoke. These are mainly used for 500's and 450 four stroke.

Watch what you buy

'06 and prior, bearing front end, very old technology
07-09 pill front end, some adjustment in front end, but it's a hassle.
'10 or newer, block front end. Easier to adjust caster due to the caster blocks. Kinda like Phantom, kinda not near as cool though.

I sell 10-15 karts a month, mainly QRC. SPORT IS really growing and moving east into Az, Tx, Ia, Mo, and Ok.

Kyle Larson said Open kart with a cr500 is like driving a 360 sprint. Insane power to weight.

We ship all over US for $200. Rollers or race ready.

Call if your interested or even if you just need questions answered.

Shane Redline
806-683-9071

Last edited:

Josh14

I have a complete kart and motor just need an idea on scale numbers and cross for short high bank corner track qrc frame yz450 with wedge body running grooved tires

flattop1

Dawg 89
I have a complete kart and motor just need an idea on scale numbers and cross for short high bank corner track qrc frame yz450 with wedge body running grooved tires
I found the phone number , sounds like they know the QRC chassis .

i can give you the generic 55, 55, 55 number. But seems like most qrc's ive seen have alot more rear% than 55, closer to 58-60. It amazing how hard it is to get any setup help from QRC. I understand this guys pain.

Where were you with numbers when it was pushing so bad?

Did you take the top cage off and put a wedge body am i understanding that correct?

Are you still on the typical QRC large treaded tires?

Josh14

Not sure what’s it’s at now I haven’t scaled yet
Yes pulled cage off and put wedge body the qrc is 2” wider and longer with a front left brake seems like it is a better set up than a prc chassis
Running regularly qrc tires other than front right it’s wider like a flat kart setup

Do you have a fiberglass seat or the upright alum? I would get it on the scales with you in it and see if its anywhere close. The big RF tire may have caused issues

flattop1

Dawg 89
Taking the cage off has to have an effect . Even with a spring mount it stiffens it in multiple directions . .
Whether it helps or hurts i have no idea .