Rwyb yz450

Josh14

I’m new I have a yz450 on a qrc chassis I have a new set of scales I need some setup numbers cross and so on I’m running a wedge body and Hoosier tires I weigh 270lb myself
I’m a ump mod driver and gave it all up to run karts with my son I have run kart a few times it pushes coming out and don’t set well so I replaced all bearings and starting fresh any help would be awesome

This is old info but might help. Tires and location are always helpful along with current setup .

Amarillo Guy Here. check Facebook, Redline Kart Sales.

Answers-no well in the world you can drive a shorty. For 5-10 yr olds.

Chassis from QRC

Shorty-you can tell, very small, bought for my 10 year, he was crammed.

Intermediate-use a mic and the bottom cage tubing will measure 1 1/8. Made for clones, animals, 125cc 2 stoke and 250f four stroke. Still 10yrs-16 maybe, 16 might be pushing it.

Open-here's what you need. Bottom frame will measure 1 1/4.I'm 250, 6' and it's still a chore getting in, but once I'm in, it's race time. My son is 10 but likes the open because of the room, and he's fast in it. Use this with a 250 four stroke, or a 500 2 stoke. These are mainly used for 500's and 450 four stroke.

Watch what you buy

'06 and prior, bearing front end, very old technology
07-09 pill front end, some adjustment in front end, but it's a hassle.
'10 or newer, block front end. Easier to adjust caster due to the caster blocks. Kinda like Phantom, kinda not near as cool though.

I sell 10-15 karts a month, mainly QRC. SPORT IS really growing and moving east into Az, Tx, Ia, Mo, and Ok.

Kyle Larson said Open kart with a cr500 is like driving a 360 sprint. Insane power to weight.

We ship all over US for $200. Rollers or race ready.

Call if your interested or even if you just need questions answered.

Shane Redline
806-683-9071

Last edited:
I have a complete kart and motor just need an idea on scale numbers and cross for short high bank corner track qrc frame yz450 with wedge body running grooved tires

I have a complete kart and motor just need an idea on scale numbers and cross for short high bank corner track qrc frame yz450 with wedge body running grooved tires
I found the phone number , sounds like they know the QRC chassis .

i can give you the generic 55, 55, 55 number. But seems like most qrc's ive seen have alot more rear% than 55, closer to 58-60. It amazing how hard it is to get any setup help from QRC. I understand this guys pain.

Where were you with numbers when it was pushing so bad?

Did you take the top cage off and put a wedge body am i understanding that correct?

Are you still on the typical QRC large treaded tires?

Not sure what’s it’s at now I haven’t scaled yet
Yes pulled cage off and put wedge body the qrc is 2” wider and longer with a front left brake seems like it is a better set up than a prc chassis
Running regularly qrc tires other than front right it’s wider like a flat kart setup

Do you have a fiberglass seat or the upright alum? I would get it on the scales with you in it and see if its anywhere close. The big RF tire may have caused issues

kirkey seat 7E18F756-6B8B-49AA-89CD-ED93C88E5538.jpeg

Taking the cage off has to have an effect . Even with a spring mount it stiffens it in multiple directions . .
Whether it helps or hurts i have no idea .

Back