RWYB

I’ve been learning a lot about them. They have some serious torque and power. I guess the question is the weight especially the battery. People are building some unbelievable motorcycles with them.

There is an indoor track in Pittsburgh PA Steel City Karting and I believe one in Cleveland and Medina Ohio as well that offer electric karting. We've been to Steel City a few times, they are impressive.

^^ you can regulate how aggressive the take-off is, and have anti-spin too....electrics will DOMINATE if they become common and the energy density of batteries allows for competitive weights.
**WHEN** they become common. combustion engines aren't going to disappear anytime soon, especially in motorsports,but EV's are the future. We can either hop on board or get left behind. Lots of indoor kart tracks already have electric karts, not sure how weight compares to their combustion counterparts. But once that tech becomes affordable/lightweight, then we'll start seeing more and more of them....puts a smile on my face thinking about an electric rwyb kart with a silly amount of torque skating it's way around a track 😁

Lack of engine noise would be a big turn off for me with the electric motors....unless they would sound like open group 7 wing slot cars....😉

^^ Slot cars are ridiculous these days....it's not "driving" anymore. Give me some spongees on t-jets....now that took skill. :)

^^ Slot cars are ridiculous these days....it's not "driving" anymore. Give me some spongees on t-jets....now that took skill. :)
I last raced the slot car wing car nats in 2004 in tulsa ok....even back then, a racer was talking to a friend not watching their car while holding their controller wide open...😯

Back