SAA Grape and SQS

Track we have been going to keeps it wet and we are typically one of the first 3 or 4 features. Rolled vega tires internal with grape and have been using combination of grape and/or Sqs as its getting colder. Thinking about trying the goat this time around. Anyone mix grape and goat? Not sure if SQS is correct for a wet track. Been using it cause its been cold.

Grape to get the duro close to where you want it and then wiping pure GOAT at the track if shes wet! We run a very wet sandy track here in FL and found that goat and black sand mixed together in various amounts works well!

I can't speak to the grape/sqs combo; but when using goat, a lot of our customers are cutting it 50/50 with our Pink Panther with great results, AND it doesn't kill the tires like running straight goat does. If the track is wet, it is a fantastic combination. If it's cold and wet, a touch of creo added to it will really make it hook up.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Personally never used the SQS/Grape together. But I can speak for the Grape/Red 50/50 mix. Works very well on maxxis and yellow vegas.

I like the combo for many reasons but here is a benefit that I don't think gets mentioned very often. Cutting the red with the grape keeps it from being so heavy. You wipe straight red and I think the tire can get pretty heavy over time. Plus I think it dries just a tad bit better (quicker) with the grape mixed in. Just my results using that combo.

For me I like SQS inside mixed with the AT-2

Of course I defer to Chris when I try to get way too technical so he can tell me to pull my head out. lol

I can't speak to the grape/sqs combo; but when using goat, a lot of our customers are cutting it 50/50 with our Pink Panther with great results, AND it doesn't kill the tires like running straight goat does. If the track is wet, it is a fantastic combination. If it's cold and wet, a touch of creo added to it will really make it hook up.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
do you have creo, where can I get it?

We do not stock or sell it.
It is a restricted chemical and is not legal for sale or possession without permits.
It used to be (20 years ago or so) readily available as it is widely used as a wood preservative (railroad ties, telephone/electric poles, fence posts and barn siding.) The EPA stepped in and restricted it's use.
If you can find it now, it's like a black market (literally) item.

We do not stock or sell it.
It is a restricted chemical and is not legal for sale or possession without permits.
It used to be (20 years ago or so) readily available as it is widely used as a wood preservative (railroad ties, telephone/electric poles, fence posts and barn siding.) The EPA stepped in and restricted it's use.
If you can find it now, it's like a black market (literally) item.
I know all that!, that's why I asked when you said add a touch of creo, if you had a way of getting it. I have a pile of old creo poles that are dripping with the stuff but its not the same when I try to get it out the pole and soften it up.

I was at the OVKA swap meet and there was a vendor there selling prep and other stuff. Had a prep cant remember the name used to diquise it but was told by the vendor it was Creo.. I know how to get ahold of the said vendor, wondering if I should. Not sure I'd need it, I'm REAL confident in my new prep program this year..

CD295734-B793-4E11-BC17-933170A5413D.png

close as you’ll find today

I don't know what guys are selling as "creosote", but if it's the synthetic stuff, (creosol,) it's not the same and won't work the same.
There have also been guys selling cut roofing tar or driveway sealer calling it creo too, so beware.
Again, not saying that's what the above places are doing, just take precautions.
Personally, I would avoid the stuff, but realize that there are times when nothing will work as well.

Back