same prep different wipe? Godspeed Burris Tour

"J'-remy

ON the 23rd the track was a complete mystery (to me). typically the trick is to soak them with aggressive at the grid and you can flatfoot the track. this weekend the track went dry and hard and people were saying to go down on pressure and hit them with the aggressive prep but early at the trailer and bring them to the grid dry. If it doesn't work soaked how does it work differently after its dry? I mixed roll speed red with LS TS1 (as a dryer) and applied at the grid with fair results any thought on how or why the prep works differently going wet or dry? trying to figure out this tire thing. lap times were getting worse until the last event when dew was laying on the track for the last race.

Wait till the Southern Unlimited series comes there weekend after next and you'll see the track completely change if most of the Small block and bigger engine karts show up. We may or may not be there. Depends on how some things go this week as to whether we make the trip or not.

That's an easy one, wet works best when slicked over but sealed tire can't pick up dirt, once it dries out to much if wet it will pick up dust and slip.
I would agree for the most part.
Consider though that if your tires are wet on the grid, that by the time you get from the grid to the flagstand for the green, if they are still wet something is bad wrong.

Several coats of bite early in the week, then hit the tires with something aggressive before going to the grid would be my choice for track conditions like that.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I’ve already experienced a prep slide from going out wet and scrubbing… took 8 laps for the tires to finally come in and take off lol low duro 11s racing with Krug

Back