Sanding new maxxis

Dkeefe19

What is the proper way to sand/scuff a new set of maxxis so that I can begin prepping the outside through the week? Thank you

You dont have to do either to start prepping. I wipe all my new tires without sanding or scuffing. If you need to prep a lot I would recommend knocking off the top with 220, if you are only wanting to wipe 6-8 coats Id just leave the mold release on.

I prefer to refinish sticker tires to remove the mold release if we're not scuffing them in on the track.
It helps get the prep down in the tire faster. It also doesn't push the mold release down in the tire with the prep.
If nothing else, clean/scrub the surface with acrysol or a good tire cleaner, Pro-Blend, White Dragon Grip, etc to clean off that film and open the tire up before applying prep.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I use tire cleaner to clean off the mold release and then scuff them on track. Like said above you can prep them before you scuff.

Attachments

• FE9A8044-EA2C-4E5B-B426-E56470F95792.png
    FE9A8044-EA2C-4E5B-B426-E56470F95792.png
    329.5 KB · Views: 15
I prefer to refinish sticker tires to remove the mold release if we're not scuffing them in on the track.
It helps get the prep down in the tire faster. It also doesn't push the mold release down in the tire with the prep.
If nothing else, clean/scrub the surface with acrysol or a good tire cleaner, Pro-Blend, White Dragon Grip, etc to clean off that film and open the tire up before applying prep.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Ok thanks man!

I useally just scuff them up to take that top layer off and open up them pores, ran over 100 laps on same set of tires and about half used after, WD-40 keeps them alive but slickens them up, be wise with it

Back