Santa Maria Speedway

Santa Maria Speedway has a go kart schedule posted on their website. I get in through Saturday Night Racer. Also the Santa Maria Strawberry Festival is having a race night during that weekend at the Fairpark in Santa Maria. I will expand on the Strawberry Festival when I have more information. All about the fun Baby

Go to santamariafairpark.com for the information on the Strawberry Festival ... Race day is 4/25 ... Registration information is there ... and damned if I'm not in one of the photos ... All about the fun baby!

what classes are popular for flat karts @ Santa Maria? KT and mix 4 cycle? I run a F200 with SoCal Oval karters, may try to make a trip up there this summer!

Thanks, Matt

Hi Matt ... Past history and past race organizer kept it pretty simple ... kid karts 50cc Komers ... kid stock restricted animals and flattys ... adult stock wf animal clones ... mod pro RWYB ... no weights no tire rules ... safety first ... since we have a new organizer it may be a learning experience ... new track is about 900 ft and pretty much flat ... i forgot the mini dwarves ... first event is next Sunday ... my hot rod isn't ready yet but i will investigate ... and since it is opening night at the speedway on Saturday ... i'm sure the " slight chance of rain" will turn into a gully washer ... past track operators have had free camping onsite ... i will investigate that also ... All about the fun baby ... Alex ... Santa Maria

Thanks Alex. I see they rained out for sunday, we'll see if we can get up there sometime. i was under the impression they were running on the 1/5th mile, not so appealing now that I know is a smaller, flat track....

Matt ... The 900 feet is quite an improvement over the previous ... I'm looking forward to the extra speed myself ... The operator is going to have micro sprint events on it ... The local QRC guys are having fun with it ... I would like to see a little bit of a bank to it myself ... We'll work on the operator about it ... He's an open wheel kinda guy ... So he may be sympathetic to our requests ... Might have to build a bigger motor just for the fun of it ... All about the fun Baby ... It's "Opening Night" at the Speedway! Finally!

For the time being ... From what I saw Saturday night ... No overnight camping ... There were a couple tailgate parties going on ... All about the fun Baby!

Back