Scale question

My son is my driver, 27 years old, lives 2 hours + from me. My question is one concerning scaling the kart without him. Obviously, we scale the kart with him in it when he's at my shop. However, can one depend on the scale numbers minus driver ( I know they would be a little different) when he's not available? Static scale numbers ? I've tried finding folk of like physical statue, but that doesn't work out too good, since my son is 6'3 and 185.

I'm going with no . As you stated even using a similar person won't work .
Chasing scale numbers , looking for speed can be worse then leaving it alone .
We ran at that weight they never changed much anyway.
Not like when your driver is 5'8" and 150 lbs .

If you scaled it with him in it set everything as wanted, had him get out picked kart up re zeroed scale, set back on then identified all new numbers, and cambers, and toe with out him in the seat, As long as you use the same scales, exact same set of tires and same air, with the same staggers as before, yes you can check it to confirm nothing changed much, and can make changes with as much confidence as re-scaling with him in the seat. Sure it's not perfect but neither is re-scaling with him there, you can scale it with him in it set everything PERFECT what you want, re-scale it 4 hrs later and somethings will vary slightly. Now I agree don't overthink it and just chase scale numbers, IF it's fast but needs just minor tweaks just make them accordingly at the track, with that being said If you hit something or got hit and are concerned it changed something to much set it back on scales and check it.

Back