SCALE WEIGHTS

rocketman

Tell me if this is close enough I did it 6 times and ended with this.
Left Front 68# Right Front 69#
LR 100# RR 102# This is with me in the kart? Will it Fly?

You need Al's spread sheet .
My math says no . What is the weight class ?
I assume dirt oval , if sprint racing thats different .

Last edited:
A8E87BAE-4A1F-44CB-AF56-52FBBE83886C.png

Yes you might need more front weight BUTT, being new you won't be going as fast and won't need as much turning power up front.
That and to get around a turn you'll need to unload the inside tire so IMHO a little more rear weight will help there.

It's about sit your butt on it and get seat time.
All you need is close and the rest is about fixing your newbee driving issues and after that you can worry about making adjustments to the chassis to get better. BUT, you need seat time to have a REASON to do anything else.

The three most important things for you now are SEAT TIME, SEAT TIME AND SEAT TIME.

Thanks Guys, I appreciate it, Im still gonna need probably 15# or so added. I could always put that on the front. Right now its all on the seat. Thanks Again

With your weight all on the back, I would
think that you would be pushing really bad.
The #'s wheel to wheel look great but the
Frt to Rr % is too far off.
Loose is fast.

Its a Coyote 2008 And its a sprint kart,not oval or dirt
Absolute bottom end; run it, if it pushes, you have 3 choices. Adjust the front to rear weight percentage. (Should be first choice). For push; Narrow the front, (and/or) widen the rear. Loose; just the opposite. (Fine tuning)

There are differences i.e. front to back weight distribution, tread width, between karts. Find the set up that suits your kart.

Typical starting numbers are 53% front and 47% rear. Adjust air pressure until handling is neutral. Your numbers show 40.1% front. I'd recommend what Al says. Move seat forward (if it's an option), rescale, add appropriate weight to front.
Your numbers indicate the kart will have a push in high speed turns. Meaning the front tires will lose grip and slide the kart wide in the turns. This is a speed/momentum losing condition. Other karts will pass to the inside of you as you exit the turn.

Back