Scales for the new rules coming out

DynoDon

We will be posting the rule additions to the 2014 Manual very shortly in a "STICKY". Last season there was a need to place a weight on the valves of 21 grams. AKRA has taken the weight measurements even further this upcoming season in order to combat the RPM gains that people are seeing. With that being said you are going to need a scale that measures in grams. Here is what I recommend so that you get a good scale. I purchased mine from www.scalesntools.com It would be wise to purchase a scale that weighs up to 200 grams and measures in increments of (0.01). Not (0.1) I also recommend that you purchase a weight calibration tool. Mine is a 50 gram weight that I purchased from that site. The brand of my scale is WeighMax. You can purchase them for anywhere from $25.00 to $125.00 and more. Mine was $30.00 with the calibrating weight. Not long ago someone posted on the old Bob site what a penny weighed. I found that amusing so I actually weighed it on my scale when I got it. It was accurate. So I think you can get a good scale there.

Noone ever gave a critic an award.

We will be posting the rule additions to the 2014 Manual very shortly in a "STICKY". Last season there was a need to place a weight on the valves of 21 grams. AKRA has taken the weight measurements even further this upcoming season in order to combat the RPM gains that people are seeing. With that being said you are going to need a scale that measures in grams. Here is what I recommend so that you get a good scale. I purchased mine from www.scalesntools.com It would be wise to purchase a scale that weighs up to 200 grams and measures in increments of (0.01). Not (0.1) I also recommend that you purchase a weight calibration tool. Mine is a 50 gram weight that I purchased from that site. The brand of my scale is WeighMax. You can purchase them for anywhere from $25.00 to $125.00 and more. Mine was $30.00 with the calibrating weight. Not long ago someone posted on the old Bob site what a penny weighed. I found that amusing so I actually weighed it on my scale when I got it. It was accurate. So I think you can get a good scale there.

A nickle weighs 5 grams

Don,

Can you please post a direct link to the specific scale and calibration tool you purchased?

Suggestion: Use your local Post Office too verify your 'Calibrated Weight', or...create your own (via the Post Office).

It seems the only calibration weight you would need from the site would be the 50 gram weight. However; none that I saw ships with a calibration certificate. Can or will the post office do this for you?

I got a federally certified Hornaday scale, $125 comes with a 10g and 50g test weights. It weighs to .001g. It also weighs in grains, ounces and very important to hide it from the wife or girlfriend. It weighs in carats too, don't need them weighing the old engagement ring.LOL

10 years ago I carried a flathead flywheel to 3 different post offices, Pendleton, SC 29670, Central, SC 29630 and Clemson, SC 29631. I got 3 different weights with a 3oz difference between the low and high. So that PO thing doesn't hold water.

Don,

Can you please post a direct link to the specific scale and calibration tool you purchased?

The scale I purchased is no longer available on that site. I tried to find it and I think It was on closeout when I got it. I don't know why because it is a nice scale. But there are other comparable scales on that site. The weight for calibration is on the left column of the page that says "calibration"

Back