Scaling a kart

Puppet Master13

Aight:::::::

I am getting it back into karting after about 15 years, I just bought a 2011 Millinum chassis, we are going to race stock heavy and weigh 377 with me in the kart, we have about 62% left side weight, and we have 53% cross weight from left rear to right front. this just seems like a whole pile of left side weight even though my cross weight is dead on.

do these numbers seem right? the left side seem very high.

Newer karts from what your used to, run much different #'s. Unless someone here races that chassis and has good #'s it would be best to contact Millinium and let them know what kind of track size and surface you will be running and get a good starting point, and adjust from there. The left side to me does seem high and the cross very low, even for a asphalt set up, but maybe Millinium has a very different set of #'s from what we run on our Phantoms.

Newer karts from what your used to, run much different #'s. Unless someone here races that chassis and has good #'s it would be best to contact Millinium and let them know what kind of track size and surface you will be running and get a good starting point, and adjust from there. The left side to me does seem high and the cross very low, even for a asphalt set up, but maybe Millinium has a very different set of #'s from what we run on our Phantoms.

This is the best option, Whatever numbers Millinium gives you, it should be very close to spot on with little adjustment necessary numbers wise.

We have a 08 Trick and a 09 Phantom and run short dirt tracks about a 1/10 of a mile and both karts are running about the same numbers. Front 45 to 46 1/2, left 57 to 58 , and cross 53 to 58 Note these are numbers we run , others will tell you there opinions. Hope this helps a little.

We have a 08 Trick and a 09 Phantom and run short dirt tracks about a 1/10 of a mile and both karts are running about the same numbers. Front 45 to 46 1/2, left 57 to 58 , and cross 53 to 58 Note these are numbers we run , others will tell you there opinions. Hope this helps a little.

thanks i just want to make sure we are close, got a kart from people we didnt know and have no idea if they handled good or rode around 9 laps down in a 8 lap race.

Seems like 53%-58% cross is a big swing on front wheel weights. Not to mention the fact that you very seldom see the LF being heaviger than the RF. Not saying it’s wrong, just different.
I have an Excel 2010 spreadsheet that has a corner weights page. It’s yours for free; just send a request to anunley@austin.rr.com
You can put in corner weights, look at the percentages, then enter the kart weight, the front left and cross percentages and see what difference changing the percentages will make. You will see the weights you put in, and right alongside that, the weights the program calculates putting in any percentage you want.

Contact Kyle Heitz at L & J Karting. They are a Millinium dealer and Kyle is fast a all get out on them. He can surely get you where you need to be. Had the pleasure of pitting beside him and the folks he was driving for last year at The Cajun Indoors and found out he's a super nice fella.

Contact info can be found here...........

http://landjkarting.com/contact.html

Back