Scaling For Complete Beginner

Hello all... We recently were granted a set of scales for the week from a friend and are attempting to scale a kart for the first time. It is an old one... '99 U-Max Centerforce. The ideal numbers are below. Have burris 33 tires with 5psi in right and 4psi in left.

1685064452032.png

Need set-up for Stk. Med. Will be used in a Flathead class. Rider weighs 245. We set kart on the scale as-is and this is what we have to work with... struggling to find out how to lower the cross.. We've tried moving the seat up but that had no impact.

LF: 75 RF: 94
LR: 167 RR: 84
Total - 420

Left 58%
Cross 62%
Nose 40%

Camber, Stagger, and Toe is where it needs to be and not a point of concern. We are absolute beginners and have no idea where to start in getting the kart where it needs to be. Have tried watching YouTube videos and just get confused. Also attached some pics of the front right and left spindles.

Any advice on what we need to do and how to do it?

Attachments

• 349236293_202528722648568_3187739357654698907_n.jpg
    349236293_202528722648568_3187739357654698907_n.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 349308195_202870959293163_7939178230855235503_n.jpg
    349308195_202870959293163_7939178230855235503_n.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 36
Need to move the seat around to get the LS% down, and the nose% up
Take a couple washers from the bottom of the RF spindle and put them on top, finish getting cross with the LF jack bolt.
Right now the RF is bottomed out, taking a couple washers from the bottom and putting them on tip will drop cross about 3%.
Stagger front an rear?
Size of track?
On the seat mounting, if you Mont the RS seat strut about 3.5 inches off the engine rail, and the front about a ¼ off the steering upright, and the seat back 8.5 off the axle to the top.
Make sure you are not bending or twisting the seat to get bolt holes lined up.
Use rubber washers between the seat, and all mounting struts, nylock nuts just snugged up.
Make sure the nerf bars and bumpers fit perfectly without a struggle to get them in and out.

The right front has washers. Take the wheel off remove nut on bottom pull pin, pay attention to pill at the top. It is offset for adjustment. Make sure u know which way it is if you ant to go back the same.

The right front is threaded. I think you loosen the big nut on top and then spin the bolt head on very top to move up and down. Go easy, can't remember exactly how he did it, but guy helping me crushed the bearings adjusting it incorrectly. It may have a nut on the bottom that needs removed also. If no one gives you a better description I will try to look today how it works for sure.

The right front has washers. Take the wheel off remove nut on bottom pull pin, pay attention to pill at the top. It is offset for adjustment. Make sure u know which way it is if you ant to go back the same.

The right front is threaded. I think you loosen the big nut on top and then spin the bolt head on very top to move up and down. Go easy, can't remember exactly how he did it, but guy helping me crushed the bearings adjusting it incorrectly. It may have a nut on the bottom that needs removed also. If no one gives you a better description I will try to look today how it works for sure.
That wedge bolt is on the Left front, not the right.

When it comes to cross on the RF just take a good look and confirm what your moving does to the tire , If it raises the tire it removes cross, If it lowers the tire it raises cross, So if it's washers removing from bottom will allow tire to lower which will increase cross, If you remove from top tire will raise which lowers cross, LF is just the opposite . If it's threaded on RF same deal as you crank on the threaded bolt look at what's happening to the tire, if raising it's lowering cross, if lowering it's raising cross. Again LF opposite.

You will have to move the seat forward to get more nose .
Too the right to reduce left .
More nose is imperative , less left might not be doable .

Back