Scaling with El's ?

I had my kart scaled at 63 cross and 3 1/8 RF camber. It was fast then just kept getting little worst little at a time. It has about 10 races on it since original scale was done. Then it wouldn't handle worth a crap. I put it on my scales today and now I have 58 cross and 2 3/4 RF camber. Why is this. My air and stagger are the same also the tires are the same I scaled with also. Is this typical for El's

Not typical. Just throwing ideas out here... Did you use the exact same air pressure in your EL's both times it was scaled? Were the tires sized exactly the same both times it was scaled (EL's are bad about keeping their size)? Although you used the same tires, were they new when you first scaled it, and had 10 racedays on them when you rescaled it? If so the sidewalls could be weaker now. A lot of variables that can change the numbers.

Just saw a bunch of answers to this question in another thread. Looks like you got a lot of good answers... hope it helped.

Why is this. My air and stagger are the same also the tires are the same I scaled with also. Is this typical for El's
When you say, "the tires are the same I scaled with" what exactly does that mean? Are you saying that the four tires all have the same circumference as when they were new?

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

I had my kart scaled at 63 cross and 3 1/8 RF camber. It was fast then just kept getting little worst little at a time. It has about 10 races on it since original scale was done. Then it wouldn't handle worth a crap. I put it on my scales today and now I have 58 cross and 2 3/4 RF camber. Why is this. My air and stagger are the same also the tires are the same I scaled with also. Is this typical for El's

Very typical, as fatigue sets in with the tire numbers will change.

Sounds like your kart is flexing on you.. This will make you lose cross and rf camber also,,, Good to scale the kart more often if possible.

Sounds like your kart is flexing on you.. This will make you lose cross and rf camber also,,, Good to scale the kart more often if possible.

What is flexing is the sidewalls on his 10 race old els. The sidewalls are weak on those tires and that would be my main concern with different percentages. Even if he has new spindles/camber bolts, he would not get the same set of percentages unless he put on a new set of els also

Back