Scaling with El's ?

I had my kart scaled at 63 cross and 3 1/8 RF camber. It was fast then just kept getting little worst little at a time. It has about 10 races on it since original scale was done. Then it wouldn't handle worth a crap. I put it on my scales today and now I have 58 cross and 2 3/4 RF camber. Why is this. My air and stagger are the same also the tires are the same I scaled with also. Is this typical for El's

Bent spindle would account for the drop in camber and cross both, id bet its the RF bent

Are you scaling it with the same 10 race old EL's also? The older the EL's get, the softer the sidewalls get and the less cross and camber you will have. But like others have said also, check the spindles too

I had my kart scaled at 63 cross and 3 1/8 RF camber. It was fast then just kept getting little worst little at a time. It has about 10 races on it since original scale was done. Then it wouldn't handle worth a crap. I put it on my scales today and now I have 58 cross and 2 3/4 RF camber. Why is this. My air and stagger are the same also the tires are the same I scaled with also. Is this typical for El's
10 races with the same set of tires? Is that typical? I don't know how you do it, and I don't know what is the norm, but 10 races without adjusting the kart, or at least checking it, seems excessive! Do you have to pay someone to scale the kart? Doing that every week could get expensive. You might consider getting your own scales. Even if it's just 4 bathroom scales. Not perfect, but better than nothing at all.
I just noticed you said, "my scales". I assume you already have your own scales. If this is the case, why would you go 10 weeks without checking your kart?

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

Back