Screwdriver test

Joker19

872D05FE-FC04-4F55-97C2-92FE468531AC.jpeg
So 1/2” in = 33?

flattop1

Dawg 89
I always heard if the blade goes all the way in load up and go home :)...
Or if the golf ball doesn't bounce .....when dropped from shoulder hieght .

flattop1

Dawg 89
I would not choose my tire based on the screwdriver test .

GClary

Duro , air pressure and prep are more of the game now days . Tire rule limits what you can do at most races anymore . I have a Any Burris slick rule at my track , except for the opens . Sometimes an aired up 11 or 22 will kick butt for a bit , but other times a 33 will . I still use the screwdriver and dust to decide on what I do when I go to other tracks .

jaymancds

Premium User
are these true rules or is this just a tale. I am a new racer and I dont know if it is just a tale or if it is true.
At Twister, it is almost always going to be an aggressive prep, not goat, but like a green. I target 43-47 for maxxis and 38-42 for cobras.

racing promotor

are these true rules or is this just a tale. I am a new racer and I dont know if it is just a tale or if it is true.
If it were this easy more people would run up front at times, there is NO general across the board if a screw driver goes in any track a 1/2 " you stay on 22 s , plus different classes require different tire there are lot's of times Sr Clone 33 s are fastest but Sr Animal will be 55 s.
Selinsgrove here yesterday had there opener 33 s and 55 s were the ticket and you could of stuck a screw driver in the track more that a 1/2 " everywhere.

flattop1

Dawg 89
HA Ha HA I just Picked up Dads old snap on it a full 30 inches .
Funny thing i thought i wound never need on that long . till the other day , It came in handy on routing a serpentine belt . .

Joe28

Saw a guy at the track one time carry his “track tester” in a belt sheath, right next to his folding hunting knife. Lol

OVALTECH1

Premium User
E38EEFCC-DC3C-4D7F-BA59-FFA328E376E4.jpeg

I don’t know much about Burris ...do they make an 88 ???? You couldn’t pound a screw driver into that with a Hilti gun..😂😂😂

OVALTECH1

Premium User
Softish Vega yellows usually... believe it or not black sand and an on grid wipe of goat gets er done...