Scythe Rear Wheel Frame Clearance.

kamml53

Site Supporter
Putting the axle together tomorrow and I am wondering what is the rear wheel to frame clearance side to side.

32 " axle . If its pocket keys.
First is align sprocket and brake hub . Then after the axle is locked down set the hubs . If you have a prc axle with the pre drilled location its super easy .

The phantom videos of the kart assembly talk about what they recommend. I think it was 3.25 face of hub to hanger edge left side and 3.5 on right

The phantom videos of the kart assembly talk about what they recommend. I think it was 3.25 face of hub to hanger edge left side and 3.5 on right
RR tire should be no more than a ¼ off the frame, LS tire is about 1 ½ off the frame, that should be close to the rear track measurement they suggest.

RR tire should be no more than a ¼ off the frame, LS tire is about 1 ½ off the frame, that should be close to the rear track measurement they suggest.
I would assume that would yield about that measurement - don't have one to verify. The same rear bumper is used on that and the recon (which I have) and the same track width on the setup sheet for both. I used the measurement given on the video (the 3.25 and 3.5 are from memory and should be verified). That gave me close to the track width on the setup sheet. I find it hard to use track width, never sure where the edge of the tread is. I would guess your suggestion ends up the same, just measured from a different point.

I would assume that would yield about that measurement - don't have one to verify. The same rear bumper is used on that and the recon (which I have) and the same track width on the setup sheet for both. I used the measurement given on the video (the 3.25 and 3.5 are from memory and should be verified). That gave me close to the track width on the setup sheet. I find it hard to use track width, never sure where the edge of the tread is. I would guess your suggestion ends up the same, just measured from a different point.
Put the kart on the ground race ready air pressure set.
Get in kart roll it forward and back, measure from where the dust is to each side, that is track width.
Bumper has nothing with it.
Track width is more about overall chassis design, and base that will get you in the ballpark.
It not uncommon to be an 1 in either direction of track width depending on track conditions.

Using phantoms hub measurement recommendation only works with their hubs.
I understand you have them, but others may not.

Measure from where the wheel would meet the hub (wheel off) to the cassette.
4.5 inches on the right rear
4.25 inches on the left rear

Back