Sealed head work on 206

How are all these 206 motor builders resurfacing the heads and all these blueprinted heads being swapped when there is a seal on the head bolt?

The lower end is sealed. The head bolts can be removed. The heads are not resurfaced (I think this is illegal for LO206) but the valves can be redone/replaced to ensure good sealing (I had this done by out nearby kart shop).

The lower end is sealed. The head bolts can be removed. The heads are not resurfaced (I think this is illegal for LO206) but the valves can be redone/replaced to ensure good sealing (I had this done by out nearby kart shop).

With the removal of the surface finish rule on the head, folks most definitely are resurfacing them.

No they aren't!!
It was a waste of time before the specks were tightened up and even more so now. Not only are the specs so tight that there is nothing to be gained there you better have a very precise machine to keep from making it illegal.

I just measured a new head and got .028" for the shallow area of the combustion chamber and .343" for the depth of the combustion chamber between the valves.

Here are the specs copied from the Briggs rules set:
d. Depth of shallow area of combustion chamber must be .031 inch minimum. This measurement to be taken with a depth gage on both the combustion side and spark plug side of cylinder head. e. Depth of the combustion chamber is .342” inches minimum.

How are all these 206 motor builders resurfacing the heads and all these blueprinted heads being swapped when there is a seal on the head bolt?
There is not a seal on the head bolts. There is no room for machining the head the manufacturing tolerance and the rule set is tight on this.

I'm sorry.
I read the depth mic on the wrong side of .030"
Just remeasured it and got .033"

No they aren't!!
It was a waste of time before the specks were tightened up and even more so now. Not only are the specs so tight that there is nothing to be gained there you better have a very precise machine to keep from making it illegal.

Jim,

Come on. You and I both know better. Just because specs are close doesn’t mean people aren’t going the rest of the way. I agree it’s not worth the time, but to make a blanket statement that nobody isdoing it is as silly as me saying everyone is.

I will edit mine to say “some people are taking the extra time and effort to get that last thousandth of an inch out of their heads”. Would you accept that statement?

Are all? No, absolutely not. Are some? Yes, they absolutely are. I’ve seen a few on my table that came in for rebuild to us for the first time.

Oh yea our L0206 HAS A CBLE RUNNING THREW THE HEAD BOLTS AND PART OF THE LOCKING MECHANISM .THERE IS ALOT OF THIS STUFF GOING IN CALI RUNNING 10 SECOND LAPS WHEN THE REST OF THE FIELD IS RUNNING 12 'S SOMETHING REALLY WRONG SOME PLACE JUST SAYING ITS TOP END WORK .

They're not following the Briggs ruleset, and they're adding a seal to the top end to avoid having to tech.
This is a big mistake in my opinion. I don't care how many seals are on the engine, you had better be prepared to tech the engines.
With that said; with the treaded tire rules being used, we've found the speed you're lacking in the tires alone.
It may not be that guys are cheating up the heads as much as having the "right" set of tires on the car.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Oh yea our L0206 HAS A CBLE RUNNING THREW THE HEAD BOLTS AND PART OF THE LOCKING MECHANISM .THERE IS ALOT OF THIS STUFF GOING IN CALI RUNNING 10 SECOND LAPS WHEN THE REST OF THE FIELD IS RUNNING 12 'S SOMETHING REALLY WRONG SOME PLACE JUST SAYING ITS TOP END WORK .
That is not a Briggs Seal so who is installing it?

Sounds like the Top End State Sanctuary Seal. Cut the cable running though your head and vote them out of office. :)

That is not a Briggs Seal so who is installing it?
We ordered it from briggs ours has the cable and locks never been touched but others believe me are doing more than just cutting them lol plus alot more than they should tecting over here isnt very important let me tell you alot of favoritism is one big issue so said and done we will give it time until then we will continue to do wut we can and believe me we will getem some day were there but just dnt have the top end power like some do.

There has to be tech!
Dave Klaus spent a lot of time and effort making sure there is a great set of rules for the 206.
Those rules need to be enforced !!!
If there is no tech at your track raise hell and keep raising hell until there is !!
Find a way to get someone to do tech !!!
People that are caught blatantly cheating should be immediately thrown out and made an example of !!
Having the wrong spark plug or a carb that has stretched out of shape is one thing but machining heads, doing port work, boring out carbs etc is not accidental !!!
There is too much lying and cheating going on everywhere in the world and some people think it ain't cheating if you don't get caught.
The idea that it should be over looked just breeds more of it!
Wake up people !!! Stand up for what 's right !!!

We ordered it from briggs ours has the cable and locks never been touched but others believe me are doing more than just cutting them lol plus alot more than they should tecting over here isnt very important let me tell you alot of favoritism is one big issue so said and done we will give it time until then we will continue to do wut we can and believe me we will getem some day were there but just dnt have the top end power like some do.

You ordered it from "Briggs?"
How did you manage that?

What track are you getting beat by 2 seconds per lap at?

The head is not sealed by Briggs. You are being deceived or naive. How can you order from Briggs are you a Briggs Motorsport dealer? If it has a seal on the head bolts it has passed through someones shop, the box has been opened, it was removed from the box.

They're not following the Briggs ruleset, and they're adding a seal to the top end to avoid having to tech.
This is a big mistake in my opinion. I don't care how many seals are on the engine, you had better be prepared to tech the engines.
With that said; with the treaded tire rules being used, we've found the speed you're lacking in the tires alone.
It may not be that guys are cheating up the heads as much as having the "right" set of tires on the car.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
i run slicks on my sons box stock so i know they arent beating us with that theory. Iam a firm believer in that it takes a combination of motor, setup, and a skilled driver to be up front but some of these motors sound so wicked, not to mention the smell of the exhaust reminds me of a top fuel cars exhaust.

Back