Sealed head work on 206

The head is not sealed by Briggs. You are being deceived or naive. How can you order from Briggs are you a Briggs Motorsport dealer? If it has a seal on the head bolts it has passed through someones shop, the box has been opened, it was removed from the box.
Oh yea it is cable runs threw head bolts and threw lock that locks side caseing so bottom line alot of dirty things going with this package i know that

Yes the first Engines were sealed by QRC in house right when the program went from the Subaru to the 206 last year. From my understanding Briggs reached out them to stop them and wanted to make it in line with the rest of the world . Making the tracks in Northern Cali to adopt the mainstream Briggs rules. Stopping Qrc (california) from sealing the heads.
Cut the head seal off and have the head freshened up. Go by the current rules from Briggs.
Now I have seen tracks in Florida making shops seal the carb, manifold, valve cover , head and flywheel gaurd. I believe this to be there way of making sure ones aren’t changing parts prior to the main event. I guess people got there own paint kits now.
Hope this helps

IF you've never had the head serviced, your problem may be as simple as a burnt head gasket.
Your engine's lack of compression would result in it not sounding as "mean" as the competitors.'

Also, don't fool yourself into thinking that tires won't make a difference because they are slicks. You will find thousands of discussion posts, on this forum alone, about cutting and prepping dirt slick tires for speed.

Bottom line:
1.) Get that engine freshened up (within the rules),
2.) Get up to speed on your tire program, and
3.) GET TECH!

I know nothing about 206 and don't want to, BUT if your getting beat by 2 sec per lap in ANY class it's NOT all motor you got tire and gearing issues, think about it heck a Green plate clone will run closer than 2 sec per lap to a Sr Clone.

In the past Briggs has made some deals with a small number of racing organizations to seal engines to help get them get their program started. I repeat to help them get the program started.
I am not familiar with the one mentioned above but it is certainly possible that they did this for you.

There are other examples where a racing organization or track will require that the engine have their seal on the engine or may require that the head or other parts like the blower housing have their seal installed also.
However, i do personally know of one other such situation.

Their are some drawbacks to this.
The integrity of the person that seals the engine must be above question.
The engine must always be repaired or refreshed by that same person.
Usually you are not allowed to repair any of the sealed items.
If the carb is one of the sealed items and you need to clean it you may be screwed.

I know of one situation in which the child of the engine sealer was always way faster that every other racer.
The engine from that kart was eventually sold to another racer.
At the next race the new owner of that engine was way faster then everyone else also.
The engine was teched after the race by the person that sealed it and found to be illegal.
Try talking your way out of that one.

I thought the valve adjustment/seal and head gasket go south on the 206 pretty quick. How do you service it if everything is sealed up?

The engines i have seen with the head and carb sealed did not have the valve cover sealed, Nor the float bowl.
You could still adjust the valves and remove the float bowl to clean parts.
In my experience after the engine is thoroughly broken in the valve adjustment remains pretty constant.
On the other hand dirty carbs can strike at any time.

If there is a way to cheat, cheaters will find it. Sealed or not.
Saw it in the 'sealed' Chevy engines.

I know nothing about 206 and don't want to

Well, let me help. Go here https://briggsracing.com/racing-engines/206 to read about the smartest program in kart racing. A program that brings parity to the haves not as well as the haves. A program that brings affordability to the community when pocketbooks are stressed by ever increasing household expenses. A program that allows a single investment as a JR that lasts through the adult classes (really smart). A product built with quality parts and constructed to tight specifications unlike the mud metals and sloppy specs of offshore import motors. A program that reduces the hideous class counts that are so common. A program that strives to reduce the ridiculous extensive after race tech times and allows racers to take their motors home assembled. A program that encourages families that aren't mechanics to participate..................

I'm sure there are more reasons you should know about the 206 but I guess ignorance is bliss.

DK

You mean like using a boreoscope and coat hanger wire to put blobs of JB weld on the cam lobes?
You know theres someone trying this right now .
Don't forget to loosen the lash so when the lifter smooths it out it doesn't rub it all off .

Don't forget to put one of these inside the air filter to promote swirl intake:
13567015_1100777036649782_1633879313063842524_n.jpg

Back