Sealing metal building to slab...

Ted Hamilton

Helmet Painter / Racer
I have a metal building that's on an oversize slab....don't ask. :) Anyhow, I've had the expected water seepeage issues when it rains, which is a drag. So, tonight I used a polyurethane sealant after trimming 1/2" off the bottom siding to expose the edges of the bottom framework. I'm hoping that will seal. I had considered roofing tar, roofing sealant, silicone caulk, etc. Have any of you dealt with this issue successfully? I plan to fill in the expansion joints with the sealant too, so it can't wick under the edges. Appreciate advice. I think this SIKA is about the best I can get....at least it oughta' be for what they charge... TIA, ~Ted

I agree polyurethane is best solution .
I been using quad seal on my windows it seems to stick to about anything . Six bucks a tube .
Driveway / sidewalk crack sealer might work or even be the same thing .

EPIC fail. Massive water in building last monsoon. Think it actually funnelled the water in! LOL. I'm going to see if the door area was responsible. But there was lots of flooding everywhere, so perhaps it was a freak thing. Need to seal door edges. Going to spray Flex-Seal over the Poly caulks on sides too, just to make sure. It will help blend color as well...

That's no good . It has too be tight to the concrete .
Can you lift the edges of the poly up .
Take you a sprinkler and set it up so as too spray the suspect area for an hour or
More .
You could saw the excess concrete off at an angle .

Back