Seat Clearance

2Pricey

Mounting a new to me seat, attempting to use existing mounting holes.
Measurements come out where I’d like them other than the seat is a hair off the wolf plate.
When I’m in the seat, it rests on the wolf plate, no good.

What adjustments should I make? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2549.jpeg
    IMG_2549.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2550.jpeg
    IMG_2550.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2552.jpeg
    IMG_2552.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 121
How far away is the front of your seat away from the steering upright? Might have to cut a notch in the center to use the same mounting holes and slide forward. Though still, it would lower rear seat height and drop seat a little in both respects without drilling new.

How far away is the front of your seat away from the steering upright? Might have to cut a notch in the center to use the same mounting holes and slide forward. Though still, it would lower rear seat height and drop seat a little in both respects without drilling new.
3/16" from the post

If you dont want to slide the seat closer to motor, drill new or cut center, with an adjustable left strut you could raise it another 3/8-1/2 to get the clearance that way. I would say drill new holes in the wolf plate, but it looks rather close already.

I understand not wanting to drill additional holes in the seat. Getting holes to line up, especially if it's a different model chassis, is challenging. If you choose to drill new holes, I'd prefer to keep the seat strut holes and drill new holes at the seat slides.

You'll want to be certain that the seat is not bound up once you get it into the final position. You should be able to remove any bolt and not have the seat move or add / release tension.

Back