Seat foam or padding.

I need to bump my little man up to Junior 1. To do that he will need about 20lbs of seat lead even with 30lbs mounted to his seat to make 265. He won’t fit in his Rookie Seat with the lead, but the next size seat swims on him. I need to pad him in there.

When I was a kid I had a seat cover that held all the foam rubber.

Does anyone sell this stuff, or are you guys ripping up couch cushions and pillows?

Couch cushions and pillows would be a fine source . Or a fabric /sewing store .
Maybe hobby lobby .
Something i read . Take a garbage bag put the driver in the seat and the add expanding foam or maybe add foam then put driver in .
High density excersise matts .
swim floats are an inch plus thick and pretty tough .
Kitchen stress mats

Last edited:
Are you using sheet lead ?
Mounting it on the outside is an option .
I didn’t know putting sheet lead on the outside of the seat was an option.
I think he has 26 lbs of lead on his chaveous seat now. I’ve been told don’t go over 40.

I will need to add 30lbs, I figured 10 more on the seat and 20 in sheet lead.

I've had 75 lb plus pucks on seat in many karts, just use 3/8 " six inch long carriage bolts with 2 " fender washers against seat

You could also add some too the back of the seat in the kidney /cross bar area .
A nice long thick piece .

I need to bump my little man up to Junior 1. To do that he will need about 20lbs of seat lead even with 30lbs mounted to his seat to make 265. He won’t fit in his Rookie Seat with the lead, but the next size seat swims on him. I need to pad him in there.

When I was a kid I had a seat cover that held all the foam rubber.

Does anyone sell this stuff, or are you guys ripping up couch cushions and pillows?
The gentlemen parked next to us last weekend took his wife's yoga matt and cut it to form his kids seats.

Back