Seat Help Question

varacer4s

I need help picking the right seat. I bought a Nexgen XXL and mounted it in the kart. I fit in it but it feels like it needs to be deeper or more dished in if that makes sense. Looking at it, the back is flat all the way up to where it curves towards the top. When i'm in it, I feel like my back is straight and it needs to be more curved so I'm not looking at the sky. This is hard to explain on here but maybe somebody else knows what i mean. I have always liked the Safrits Edge seats back in the day when i was racing all the time. I'm getting back into it after taking a few years off and I just dont feel right in the kart with this seat. I have a size 40 waist right now and i weigh 220 5'10. I have been looking at seats online and the 2 that look close to the safrits edge used to are the lightning light grabber 2 and the chavous seat both look good. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with these or has been in a similar situation.....

I need help picking the right seat. I bought a Nexgen XXL and mounted it in the kart. I fit in it but it feels like it needs to be deeper or more dished in if that makes sense. Looking at it, the back is flat all the way up to where it curves towards the top. When i'm in it, I feel like my back is straight and it needs to be more curved so I'm not looking at the sky. This is hard to explain on here but maybe somebody else knows what i mean. I have always liked the Safrits Edge seats back in the day when i was racing all the time. I'm getting back into it after taking a few years off and I just dont feel right in the kart with this seat. I have a size 40 waist right now and i weigh 220 5'10. I have been looking at seats online and the 2 that look close to the safrits edge used to are the lightning light grabber 2 and the chavous seat both look good. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with these or has been in a similar situation.....

If you are looking for more of a "curved" seat, the Grabber or the Chavous would be the way to go.

I would stick with the Chavous...the last few Lightning Light seats I got have been very thin and prone to cracking.

Back