Seat help

Do you have pictures of these seats showing how they were mounted and where they broke? Did they break while racing or grabbing onto them while exiting your kart?

broke when I settled in on get ready line for hot laps

Attachments

• IMG0060A.jpg
    IMG0060A.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 90
Looks like the back is mounted pretty high off the axle .
Still that's a pretty clean straight break .
Even getting wheel hopped we never broke one like that .
A call too the supplier , it sure looks like a manufacturing issue .
No broken strands or lamination tears , quite an unusual break .

Hmmmm... looks like a lot of seat above the struts. Even at that I have never broke one like that... what brand seat ?

rather not state brand but would welcome suggestions of quality seats suited to my 5' 6" 217lb fframe .
The other thing is , if your trying too sit up more straight , a sprint seat might work better .
How far off the axle was the back ?

The other thing is , if your trying too sit up more straight , a sprint seat might work better .
How far off the axle was the back ?

second this, if you’re gonna sit up get a seat made to do it. Oval seats are contoured along the spine and are made to be laid down in. When tilted up the only real weight on the oval seat is your upper back (where yours cracked) and your butt. The contour leaves a gap between your mid section and the seat if you’re not laying down 8.5-9” off the axle. A sprint seat will be more comfortable and sturdy in an upright position than an oval chassis seat. I find sitting up is obviously more comfortable but the oval seat makes it awkward and more uncomfortable than laying down because in an upright position it’s contouring in a half moon shape and you’re not.

Last edited:
rather not state brand but would welcome suggestions of quality seats suited to my 5' 6" 217lb frame
Honestly your not that big to be breaking it off like that. I know a lot bigger guys that run karts. We run Chavous & Nexgen (blue sticker), taken some good hits over the top of the left rear, flipped a couple and had lead piled on them with zero issues.

I am 5 ft 9 in and 250 lbs and never broke a seat , even when I have flipped . I would think that is what was stated above , either manufacture defect , or mounting it to where it is to solid .

Back