Seat mount question

edman

Hello. Got a coyote widetrack, and a "B&L" (brand?) seat. I've got the seat mounted, and I fit ok, but my knees are a little more bent than I like. I fabbed up some extended front seat sliders, can I simply slide/tilt the seat back a bit further to gain legroom, and utilize longer sliders?
Sorry if this is a dumb question, wanting to get this resolved before racing my friends

Hello. Got a coyote widetrack, and a "B&L" (brand?) seat. I've got the seat mounted, and I fit ok, but my knees are a little more bent than I like. I fabbed up some extended front seat sliders, can I simply slide/tilt the seat back a bit further to gain legroom, and utilize longer sliders?
Sorry if this is a dumb question, wanting to get this resolved before racing my friends

the seat sometimes isnt about comfort, I wouldnt know where to begin on a sprint kart, but seat mounting in any kart, is about getting number correct, then comfort

Alright, I'll keep that in mind. I know balancing it out is key, I just don't want to be cramped up on it, for the sake of numbers.

So you would rather run slow so that you are comfortable?

Mounting a seat properly is the absolute most important piece of making a kart work correctly. The seat mounts are made the way they are for a reason. If you have to fab anything, you are doing something the manufacturer did not intend.

Put the seat where it should be, then learn to get used to it. You should not be uncomfortable, but at the same time no race car is an easy chair either. Just my .02 to make sure you enjoy racing by starting off on the right path - call Jim at coyote for his advice on where to mount it for your desired application.

can you move the pedals forward by adjusting the rod length? or weld on some tubing to move the pedals forward, or modify the pedals if needed?

My brain must've back fired, and ran in reverse for a bit. I went back to the garage, and completely dismounted the seat. I retained the stock seat sliders and mounts, and simply tilted the seat back. I was able to remount the seat in it's current position, slightly more laid down. I have more room, and the pedals didn't need adjusted. I'll still have to get it back on the scales, but I took it for a quick lap, and it felt better. Good enough for me

I retract my previous statement on the seat. I would mount it like you are sitting in a lazyboy watching wwe

Back