Seat mounting 2018 ultramax

Medic262

Hey everyone. I have a 2018 ultramax rival. I’m not a small guy. I’m about 299 6ft. Any suggestions on seat placement as an overall good starting point. I know ultramax suggests 8 3/4 off axle. How far off steering tower should I be along with should the seat be in the center of the kart or offset to the left a bit? Been a long time since I’ve mounted a seat. Thanks in advance.

It's not just back of seat height that's important the overall seat height is more important, with chassis frame on flat table seat bottom should only be a thin piece of cardboard ( max )above the bottom of the chassis tubing, as far as how far front most bigger guy's need it close to tower to get nose weight needed, I would put front notch 1/4" left of tower, and rear 1 1/4" left.

It's not just back of seat height that's important the overall seat height is more important, with chassis frame on flat table seat bottom should only be a thin piece of cardboard ( max )above the bottom of the chassis tubing, as far as how far front most bigger guy's need it close to tower to get nose weight needed, I would put front notch 1/4" left of tower, and rear 1 1/4" left.
When you say front notch are you talking about the front brackets

The center of the front of the seat should be 1/4” to the center of the steering post 1/2” off the post. Seat should be 9” off axle. Once you sit in the seat mounted in the kart it’ll fall to 8 3/4” (roughly). The right seat strut should be 4.75” off the inner motor rail. Don’t worry about how the back of the seat should measure. The placement of the right seat strut will define where it should be. If you need anything else. Shoot me a text.

JR Curtis
JRC Performance
Ultramax Racing Chassis
(309)281-0266

All good advice! Still, as I understand it, you're going to need the percentages to be right. Front, left, cross. You get the information on those numbers from the manufacturer. "He'll give you a place to start", it's up to you to find the "best" place to place a seat to achieve those numbers. There are a lot of people here on Bob's with good ideas on what percentages you need.

On the 2018 rival how does one raise the steering column up I need just a small amount to move up to clear my legs

Back