Seat mounting help

Shaun78

I'm mounting a rookie Nexgen seat on a Triton Jr. Looking for input or pictures would be best, on how to mount seat on the front slides.

take your time and make sure you get it right, it is the single most important part youll mount.
Make sure when you get done you can remove all the bolts and remove the seat, lay the seat back in place and dont have to bend/twist the seat to get the holes lined up.
Use rubber washers and lock nuts and just snug the seat dont over tighten it.

how do you know how far back or forward you need your seat before you mount it? as in if you are heavier vs. light or taller vs shorter?

Call phantom. They can give you measurements. If you don't feel confident doing it yourself, I recommend going to a kart shop and having them mount it for you. Rookie seats can be a tough mount because they are so small and the seat struts only go so far. The cost of labor is well worth it to ensure it is done well. I've mounted quite a few seats but still took my red plater's kart to Wesley LeBlanc at Kinetic to have him mount our seat and it was worth every penny! Confidence that the kart is going to handle is key for kids!

how do you know how far back or forward you need your seat before you mount it? as in if you are heavier vs. light or taller vs shorter?
seat mounting can be tedious . having it done by the kart shop could be well worth it.
tall vs short is going to be complicated.
seat size is generally used as the standard for mounting points.
if its an exceptionally tall person that's tough.
PRC any of there dealers.
Of course a different chassis that mfg knows best.
With out knowing chassis or seat size no one could recommend any measurements.

I would be interested in seeing how this was mounted. i am in the same situation and stuck on how to mount. Any pictures would help a lot. Thanks

I would be interested in seeing how this was mounted. i am in the same situation and stuck on how to mount. Any pictures would help a lot. Thanks

The seat goes all the way forward 1/4 in. Off the steering upright.
The RS seat strut no less than 3.5 inches off the motor rail.
Bottom of the seat even with the bottom of the chassis, unless it's a jr.

I clamp a piece of plywood under the frame, set the seat on it and get in. I slide around and find a spot I like and remember/measure where it sits. In my case it never matches up to anything the manufacture did so, I usually have to do allot of fabrication work. I'd suggest double nuts for anything under the front of the seat. That area gets worked pretty good.

Sundog

I clamp a piece of plywood under the frame, set the seat on it and get in. I slide around and find a spot I like and remember/measure where it sits. In my case it never matches up to anything the manufacture did so, I usually have to do allot of fabrication work. I'd suggest double nuts for anything under the front of the seat. That area gets worked pretty good.

Sundog
In the oval world is isn't about liking, it's about getting % right, and manufacturers suggestions.
Sprint kart manufacturers want the seat in a certain place as well, some even weld the rear struts in place

Back