Seat placement

I’d like to know the answer as well. I have a phenom. I think I read somewhere it should be 4.5in from the axel? If that’s the case, where do you measure from? 4.5in from a specific spot on both the seat and axle?

I’d like to know the answer as well. I have a phenom. I think I read somewhere it should be 4.5in from the axel? If that’s the case, where do you measure from? 4.5in from a specific spot on both the seat and axle?
Not correct measurement, you basically be laying flat in the kart.
The rule is 14" from ground to top of seat, general rule of thumb is no less than 8.25" from axle to top of seat.
Type of seat, class of the driver, all comes into play.

Call harrel and the prc team with such a following I bet they take time out of their day and really offer fantastic advice and customer service!

I'll edit bc that's not the case I rode a phenom for a short time. Got told slack can't work in the SE all prc only win.

Got lousy customer service and support from PRC on a motor mount question. On international or us frame rails he wouldn't or couldn't tell me how their chassis was made. Told me if I wanted I cheap mount then check online. 🤬

Moved onto slack. Called spoke to nick explained where I was $ , budget, location and class. He advised me on tires some, seat location and genuinely nice and pleasant to work with.

Prc is just koolaid in my book. How can harrel really keep coming out every couple years with his newest fastest kart.

Slack ran the xpect about 5 years..... no confirmed research don't blister me if not 100%. Good kart now pursuit good kart.

Prc can make a junk chassis like they did w the deuce, what a flop now 15 guys here will comment how much they love it. But harrel dropped that chassis for a reason and top SE teams unloaded them onto the next lower level of team bc they thought it was a deal.

You should be able to get real advice and customer service like I did with slack or its just not worth running their chassis. I do not like or will support them since they couldn't answer a simple question about their chassis and were rude to me.

I work hard for a hobby none of this is needed, I'll spend my money where I'm appreciated. We need transportation to work and home ect. No one needs racing it's all extra income.

Last edited:
I’ve never measured it before with the Phenom. If on dirt center the front of the seat to the post. Asphalt center of seat about 1” left of the steering post. Indoor concrete mount it on the nerf bar lol.

Seat size? Driver size also can change it a little. We typically mount them 8 1/2 from the axle to the top of the seat and about 4 1/2 of inside edge of inner engine rail. If running a Med or Large 2.0 go 1/4"-1/2 higher.

I’ve never measured it before with the Phenom. If on dirt center the front of the seat to the post. Asphalt center of seat about 1” left of the steering post. Indoor concrete mount it on the nerf bar lol.
Unless you have the guy we do race indoors. We mount the seat pretty center. Skinny guys are making my dang back hurt! 140lbs in his safety equipment. He runs my buggy too.... 425lbs🤦‍♂️

Seat size? Driver size also can change it a little. We typically mount them 8 1/2 from the axle to the top of the seat and about 4 1/2 of inside edge of inner engine rail. If running a Med or Large 2.0 go 1/4"-1/2 higher.
Lg seat, 180 pounds

For indoor concrete I mount it on my 40 pound nerf bar :D

typical seat placement for adult driver as follows
seat bottom level with bottom of frame rail (jr align with top of frame rail)
front of seat centered or slightly left of steering column
rear of seat centered on brake disk (NOT ON A CHASSIS WITH A DISC ON RIGHT ie rivel)
back of seat 14" from level surface
adjust for percentages

typical seat placement for adult driver as follows
seat bottom level with bottom of frame rail (jr align with top of frame rail)
front of seat centered or slightly left of steering column
rear of seat centered on brake disk (NOT ON A CHASSIS WITH A DISC ON RIGHT ie rivel)
back of seat 14" from level surface
adjust for percentages
When I mounted it was about 1”off of the floor pan?

Back